Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is this any good? Decathlon balance bike…..
  • moniex
    Free Member

Linky

Looking for a balance bike for my nephew. My kids are much older now, so not sure what to get. My sister lives in holland, rides a bike (short journey transport, not really “into” cycling), and my nephew is about 20 months old, but small for his age.

I know everyone will shout islabikes, but that is over my budget. Also heard ridgeback do a decent one?

Like the look of the decathlon one though… I think it will be occasional use knowing my sister!

Thanks guys!

Simone

MoreCashThanDash

Decathlon bikes are fine for all ages, if it isn’t going to get the use to justify more money then I reckon that will suit what they need.

ads678

My daughter has one and its fine. For the money I can’t fault it.

moniex
    Free Member

Thanks guys, will order one!

mtbfix

Decathlon’s balance bikes are both cheap to buy and cheaply made. Compared to an Islabike they are tat but if the use is likely to be occasional a 2yo will be none the wiser.

moniex
    Free Member

Forgot to ask, does it come up small? He is a short fella…

iain1775
    Free Member

Yes, my daughter was too small for the Ridgeback Scoot I bought her but happily pootled about the aisles on one of them every time we went in
    At the price it’s perfectly adequate, wish I’d saved the extra £60 and just bought one of them

julians
    Free Member

Got one of those for my son. He loves it. It’s a but cheaply made but it does the job.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Just assembled a little fleet of Schwinn wooden balance bikes for the nursery where I work – £49.99 each from ToysRUs but pretty well made, adjustable height seat, pneumatic tyres, sealed wheel bearings and steering damper so no jack-knifing 😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

To be honest I would go the cheapest possible.

However what is more important is stand over. You wouldn’t believe how much balance bikes differ in terms of how small a toddler you can get on them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is this any good? Decathlon balance bike…..’ is closed to new replies.