Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is this an Indian Spring?, uplifting weather!, post work pics, and a wee film
  • coastkid
    Free Member

Fantastic sunny weather here in SE Scotland this week, Air frosts in morning then big blue skies and little to no wind 🙂

Apart from being at work it is perfect, and very uplifting after the dreary overcast winter with no snow, days are growing longer, feeling of spring in the air 🙂

Been cycling to work daily then going for a detour home before sunset,

10th March; mid week cycle 001 by coastkid71, on Flickr

10th March; mid week cycle 003 by coastkid71, on Flickr

11th March; Mid week cycle 001 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Most of the tracks and trails here above the coast are sandy loam soil and free draining, ridable year round, enjoyable even more in this lovely weather

11th March; Mid week cycle 022 by coastkid71, on Flickr

11th March; Mid week cycle 028 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Making films takes a bit time but i don`t mind taking one night out to do some filming, a bit farting about back and forth but you get to ride everything twice 😀
    Short film shot point to point with a cheap Canon compact and Gorilla pod yest evening riding what we call The Secret trail, secret as its start and finish are easily missed as overgrown in summertime by the day visitor to the coast who walks straight down to the tide line. Fun wee trail on the drop bar Karate Monkey 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QfszhSaUKE&list=UUSv198UD3Wy-dBsg3K40IvQ[/video]

bigjim

ahhh Tyninghame, had some amazing times there, a special place!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Lovin’ your work, coastkid. Couldn’t agree more about the effect of the good weather. Can’t be overstated, the beneficial effect that being out and about in it has on your mood and wellbeing.

coastkid
    Free Member

I had the funeral of my father last Friday, this weather has been a lift after the last week-and as my dad would want i have been out making the most of it 🙂
    Life goes on and Life is Good 🙂 gotta make the most of it! 🙂

jekkyl

Sorry for your loss mate.
    Great little film, looks like some sweet trails, I love tracks through trees. I like how you weren’t tempted to put some music over it, just leaving the sound of your hub and the bird calls, nice.

kcal

sorry to hear that coastkid (followed your jaunts with enjoyment). Did the right thing IMO – day after my dad died, several years ago, went for a huge day out over Glenfiddich and round Dufftown. Felt a bit odd and yet was best thing that could;d have done – and like you felt, he wouldn’t have wanted it any other way..

Yesterday’s bunking off ride – view from hill showed /some/ snow on Ben Rinnes:

mixed in with some single speed sunny singletrack:

_tom_
    Free Member

Sorry for your lost coastkid. I’m loving this weather, definitely getting more like dusty trail mtb season after months of cold wet road rides. I just hope it continues as I have a couple weeks off after this weekend and want to get some good riding done 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Lovely pics though 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is this an Indian Spring?, uplifting weather!, post work pics, and a wee film’ is closed to new replies.