Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Is this an Ebay Scam?
  • fathomer

Think I already know the answer, but……..

Something I’m looking to buy is being sold on Ebay by a newish user for £1, with postage set at £28, apparently ‘due to eBay selling limit’.

Sounds rather fishy and definitely not right, but it’s not a mainstream item and it doesn’t make the item amazingly cheap, just a bit cheaper than I’d expect.

So is this a scam? do Ebay only refund item costs if there’s a dispute, leaving me out of pocket for the delivery?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

do Ebay only refund item costs if there’s a dispute, leaving me out of pocket for the delivery?

no

Something I’m looking to buy is being sold on Ebay by a newish user for £1, with postage set at £28, apparently ‘due to eBay selling limit’.

quite plausible, lots of new accounts are restricted until you build up a history, or it could be an account thats been restricted as the seller hasn’t shipped items quick enough

could be to circumvent eBay fees, but they charge 10% on postage now anyway

fathomer

Thanks dirtyrider, I’ll probably take a punt then. I guess the worst that can happen is I have a PayPal dispute!

bearnecessities

do Ebay only refund item costs if there’s a dispute, leaving me out of pocket for the delivery?

Um, they can do!

In absence of any more info, I’d walk away – sounds ropey from the off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Is this an Ebay Scam?’ is closed to new replies.