Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is this a warranty issue ?
  • jonnyb1972
    Free Member

Hi advice please I have a relatively new bike whyte t129s bought end if march recently it had its first free service and the rear wheel was re trued, as had become buckled. A couple of rides after this one of my spokes has snapped in the same wheel. Is this covered under warranty or is it just wear and tear?

scotroutes

I’d expect the shop to fix this for you if there are no other signs of damage. How did the wheel get buckled in the first place?

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

Not sure, just general off road riding, to be fair I do ride it quite hard but its not been in a crash or anything, I actually heard it snap and at the time I was on Tarmac

mrmo
    Free Member

rear wheel drive side spokes? no over shifting and jamming chain behind cassette?

I would have a talk to the shop, spokes shouldn’t fail at a young age, but it has been known for bad batches to make it on to the market.

br
    Free Member

I’d just take it back and ask them if they could sort it – they may FOC, they may not.

Either way ask for their thoughts on why.

What I wouldn’t do is charge in there telling you want it warrantied.

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

No problems with shifting at all, its literally just been serviced. I’ve a feeling I may just need a stronger wheel for my riding etc.

juan
    Free Member

Spokes breaking, wear and tear

oldgit
    Free Member

Google your bike and the issue just in case. Trek I think had a spoke issue with a 29er a few years back.

DickBarton

spoke or nipple? if nipple get the wheels rsbuild with brass nipples.

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

Spoke close to the hub.

mokl
    Free Member

I had a spoke go 2nd ride on the last new bike I bought. Not broken one since. I wouldn’t regard it as warranty.

cynic-al
    Free Member

1 spoke no, 3 or more, yes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is this a warranty issue ?’ is closed to new replies.