Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Is this a waranty issue?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Got a set of LED's that have packed in. The warranty on the website says it's good for a year. Mine are just over a year old.
    However, the battery has gone on mine and I've since heard that they have had an issue with the batteries not being that inteligent!
    The place I bought them from can't find replacements and I can't find a set online, out of stock everywhere. Apparently they were dying on the shop shelves.
    How do you reckon I stand?
    Wont say who they are in case I've been mislead.

nbt

Isn't EU standard 2 year warranty on electronics, now?

soma_rich
    Free Member

What LED's are they?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Google sale of goods act and read the BERR guidance.

Basically At a year old it would be up to you to show that the goods were not fit for purpose and had a manufacturing fault. no chance IMO.

There is no EU warranty standard. warranty is at manufacturers discretion. You have rights under various legislation.

Read the guidance and see if it fits

oldgit
    Free Member

Cough/Niteflux/cough

When they were misbehaving at first, I thought it was the connections.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Speak nicely to them

oldgit
    Free Member

But they're Australian, they'll just assume I'm a whinging Pom.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ay-ups?

Onzadog
    Free Member

don't say ay-ups. I've not used mine in a while.

oldgit
    Free Member

No not ay-ups,the clues in the bit were I said Niteflux.

rob1984p
    Free Member

The shop could surely still send them back for replacement or a credit which would then allow them to refund you; how does the distributor know when you bought them? I sent a few bits back that were a little bit out as it seemed like the right thing to do for customers and distributors (who then get a credit themselves), if a manufacturer sends out substandard products or products with inherent faults then they should expect things back.

oldgit
    Free Member

No reply from Niteflux as yet, luckilly I have a good old 'British' made Joystick to get by on.

oldgit
    Free Member

Been about five weeks now and no replies from Niteflux at all, should have stuck with USE.
    And the dealer has given them to the rep so I can't even source a battery to get em going.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Is this a waranty issue?’ is closed to new replies.