Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Is this a union power grab?
  • smogmonster

Are the Unions REALLY looking after their members, or are the likes of Crow, Barber et al simply jumped up little shitbags who are desperate to reinstate union ‘power’ by making public sector workers lose a days pay?

binners

or are the likes of Crow, Barber et al simply jumped up little shitbags who are desperate to reinstate union ‘power’

That pretty much covers it yeah. Its Eton toffs v chippy proles

Welcome to the 80’s! Unfortunately its the 1880’s! Depressing 🙄

khani
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yes of course a union can force it members to strike 🙄

jonba
    Free Member

No but they can influence them through the information they give and how they present it. You know the way the right wing press influences everyone else as you so often state.

scaredypants

It’s a pity that pic of khani’s can’t be “awarded” to the day’s biggest troll and appear on all their posts the following day

headfirst
    Free Member

Smogmonster = jumped up little shitbag trying to stir things up?

I’m just asking the question…

brakes
    Free Member

I disagree
    Crow is a jumped up BIG shitbag

project
    Free Member

Pity that so many who went out on strike didnt bother to turn up at any march or stand outside their palce of work and picket, just like the old days.

Seems as if the shopping centres where bouncing, also the seaside where i went today was full of damm strikers.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Whereas Brakes is actually wrong and Bob Crow is actually a decent bloke what looks out for those he represents, and is always trying to get a better deal for them.

No but it’s true before you start frothing at the mouth and if you sit down and think about it for a moment you’ll understand, then realise I am right.

Sorry, I don’t make the rules, that’s just how it is. 😐

Pity that so many who went out on strike didnt bother to turn up at any march

Well, I can’t say wether or not that’s true, other than to say I seen thousands and thousands and thousands of people from all over the country marching through central London today. Maybe that’s where they all were, and those you seen in shopping centres were all the people whatuv had to take a day off cos the stikes by others had an indirect effect on them.

Ah well at least the shops willuv made some money, and be paying a bit more tax so not all bad, eh? 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

James Landale Deputy Political Editor, BBC News tweets: Commons’ catering strike forces Lords’ dining room to open its doors to MPs. Special table set aside. World as peers know it ends.

😆

julianwilson
    Free Member

Dave Prentis kind of breaks the mold for union leaders though doesn’t he?

Although he doesn’t look the type to be ‘breaking’ anything! He probably got some camomile tea on, sat down and had a long chat with the mold for union leaders, and persuaded it to change of its own accord. 😆

brakes
    Free Member

a decent bloke what looks out for those he represents, and is always trying to get a better deal for them

he only represents himself and his fat head, but you know that already don’t you? you’re just being flippant. only an idiot wouldn’t be able to see that.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No he represents the union members. Does quite a good job of it by all accounts.

It’s quite simple really.

Unless you’re an idiot. 😐

Bazz

Union members not only get to vote on whether they strike, but also for who represents them, if they wanted a different leader they get the chance to exercise their democratic vote. it would seem Bob Crows members want him as their leader.

julianwilson
    Free Member

project – Member

Pity that so many who went out on strike didnt bother to turn up at any march or stand outside their palce of work and picket, just like the old days.

2500 on the march alone in Plymouth, let alone picket lines. (laughably, we were limited to six, yes 6 picketers per entrance to work in our multi-site organisation. Bigger NHS trust and city council not so limited as far as i know) And we were told that sneaking into work for a pee when you were on strike was a disciplinary offence 😆 )

No idea what total number went on strike locally, but the turnout on the march is just under 1% of the whole poulation of the whole city, including those above and below working age, and whether state, private or non-at-all employed, and also including those of us that work in essential services and voted for but couldn’t strike (I was rostered day off FWIW).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

he only represents himself and his fat head

So it’s not true what all the newspapers say about Bob Crow’s members being on fantastic wages and with incredible working conditions ?

I’ll be disappointed if that’s the case – I’ve always greatly admired him. I seen him at meetings a few times, even shook his hand once, although he couldn’t hang around as he had a train to take at East Croydon.

RustySpanner

To the op:

I really hope so.

I trust the Union members more than I trust this government.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Is this a union power grab?’ is closed to new replies.