Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Is this a sign society is collapsing?
  • sandwicheater

Worrying days people.

Cheese feast planned tonight, nom. Water biscuits are a must, nach.

Three shops visited and none on sale. No matter, will get a selection box.

What’s this, a sticker adorns the selection boxes. ‘Due to shortages, the water biscuits have been replaced with poppy seed thins’, Grraaahh!

I just want water biscuits. Sad state of affairs.

chrisa87
    Free Member

Wasn’t the main factory in the UK for water biscuits flooded last year in Cumbria and they’re not back in production yet?

Moses

The factory’s just reopened this week. Give it time for the biscuits to make it through the supply chain

binners

The water biscuit is the victim of the floods in Carlisle. Along with ginger nuts apparently

Could I recommend a replacement…

sandwicheater

This is the kind of thing I’ll regale to my children one day, the lucky devils.

wilburt
    Free Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Indeed, shortage due to floods.

Granted this topic is up there with Immigrants claiming benefits and Shelter asking for donations. Rebecca Woods back in her old Job and Call me Dave’s offshore investments link/no link.

Rumor has it the factory is back in production this week.. New line of Ginger Nut biscuit being planned for you.. It’s already dunked, with a change of ingredients to give an Earthy Flavour and to save you dunking it yourself, obvs.

MoreCashThanDash

Of all the biscuits to be affected by flooding……

scandal42
    Free Member

WTF is a water biscuit?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Of all the biscuits to be affected by flooding……

Can’t believe it took so long. The irony!

sharkbait
    Free Member

The ginger nut crisis seems to be over as we’ve had them back in SB Towers for a couple of weeks now thankfully. Unless Mrs SB has been buying from some dodgy geezer on the ginger nut black market.

Not too worried about water biscuits, but the high bake ones would be missed.

globalti
    Free Member

Carr’s Originals and Booth’s Black Bomber cheese….. mmmmmmm!

spekkie
    Free Member

I missed being able to buy gingernuts on my last trip to the UK in January and was told it was due to “floods up north”

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

You can’t beat, dunkin ginger nuts in a hot cup of coffee.

Altho, it’s considered bullying these days.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

slowoldman

I like these rascals

mrsfry
    Free Member

Isn’t ‘Water biscuits’ for really old people?

sandwicheater

Isn’t ‘Water biscuits’ for really old people?

No, your thinking of bingo.

@slowoldman, have had those before but found they were like crack, couldn’t stop until they were all gone.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I wonder if that was what caused the bourbon biscuit shortage?

binners

Slowoldman – agreed. Bloody lovely!

Have you by any chance tried Morrisons salt and pepper baguettes? Or crack cocaine bread as its known in our house?

If you like savoury salt and peppery things accompanied by blue cheese (dolcelatte is the best) you really do need to give it a go

shermer75
    Free Member

I wonder if that was what caused the bourbon biscuit shortage?

The very same!

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s amazing to think that the whole of civilisation as we know it is hanging by such a thin thread…

slowoldman

@slowoldman, have had those before but found they were like crack, couldn’t stop until they were all gone.

Well quite often when I fancy one or two with a nice bit of Swaledale, the buggers have all vanished!

Have you by any chance tried Morrisons salt and pepper baguettes? Or crack cocaine bread as its known in our house?

Ooh no, sounds good. Our local baker does fantastic sourdough though which as Superhans would say is “moorish”.

P-Jay
    Free Member

scandal42 – Member

WTF is a water biscuit?

They’re crackers for people who think Cream Crackers are ‘a bit wild’.

grum
    Free Member

Poppy seed thins are better anyway. Something called a ‘water biscuit’ was never going to be very nice was it.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Bath Olivers as a superior alternative Shirley?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Is this a sign society is collapsing?’ is closed to new replies.