Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Is this a scam?
  • MrSparkle

Got a text yesterday:

sms@ukmail.com:Your consignment ———– (string of numbers) has been delivered . It was signed for on 07/08/12 at 12:00 by —– (surname I don’t recognise)
    The number is a +44 7854 —– number. Don’t recognise it.

Is it a scam to get me to ring back and it then costs a fortune? I’m not aware of any deliveries due.

IHN

I got exactly the same thing. I was going to see if next door had signed for a parcel for me 😐

logical
    Free Member

If it looks like a scam
    Smells like a scam

It’s probably a sausage.

IHN

Sussed it. I ordered somethng to pick up at a local Halfords, it’s a notification that it’s been delivered to the store.

Tracker thing here:

https://www.ukmail.com/our_services_explained/it_solutions/delivery_preferences.aspx

fbk
    Free Member

Google the phone number? That’s what I usually do.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There has been a similar scam goig arround for a couple of years.

Give UKmail a call, at the very least they’ll probably want to know about it if it is a scam.

donsimon
    Free Member

Have you Googled the number to see what this internet thing throws up?

MrSparkle

IHN – think you’ve hit the nail on the head. I’ve got a bike on order from Halfords.
    Cheers all.

DezB
    Free Member

Its probably a bike you’ve ordered from a shonky bike shop 😉

IHN

*does the little ‘I win, go me’ dance*

🙂

MSP

That’s just stupid, it really gets on my nerves when official communications from companies and banks are done so badly. It’s no wonder so many people can’t tell whats a scam, this kind of crap virtually trains people to respond to scammers.

alanf
    Free Member

Had the same from a Halfords order last week

rudebwoy
    Free Member

A bike from Halfords– thats a scam

MrSparkle

MSP – yep, that’s what I think too.

rudebwoy – Boardman CX Team. I reckon it should be ok actually.

CountZero

That’s just stupid, it really gets on my nerves when official communications from companies and banks are done so badly. It’s no wonder so many people can’t tell whats a scam, this kind of crap virtually trains people to respond to scammers.

It’s not their fault that you use a service to order something, then forget all about it and can’t recognise the delivery acknowledgement. 😐
    I really appreciate it when I get a text or email to tell me that something has been dispatched, then I know to expect it in the next day or so.
    The best for this is Laura Marling. I book tickets for her concerts through her own website, then I get a notification that tickets are on their way, and by whom, then I get a delivery acknowledgement giving time they were delivered..
    Outstanding service.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Is this a scam?’ is closed to new replies.