• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Bazz.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is this a freehub problem?
  • Bazz

I’ve just replaced the bearings in my Shimano 105 rear hub and on putting it all back together i have noticed that when the wheel is free wheeling the cassette appears to be wobbling. There is no actual movement of the cassette or free hub but the bearings to sound a little rough when free wheeling as well.

I’ve checked the axle, that is straight and not bent, and wheel is true, i’ve un-done the freehub and made sure that it is seated properly before doing it up and it is on properly but the wobble remains.

FOG

Correct lock ring on cassette? Or not tightened up enough?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

spacer missing from the cassette

Bazz

Correct lock ring, definitely tight enough, no spacer needed.

The cassette isn’t moving on the freehub, the whole assembly apperas to wobble when the wheel is free wheeling, but there is no play if you grab it and try to move it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Probably just drilled a bit squint. Odd on 105 tho. I’d take it apart and check everything inc freehub bolt.

Bazz

Don’t think the drilling is out, it never used to do it! the wonkiness seems to have coincided with the bearings sounding dog rough (freehub not hub). Will have to purchase a new one and see if that fixes it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is this a freehub problem?’ is closed to new replies.