Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is this a fair price for a conservatory?
  • sc-xc

We have been quoted around £14k for a 4m x 3m conservatory – with solid, tiled roof (and 2 velux windows) finished to screed/plaster with skirting board/window sills.

West Mids BTW

Does this sound about right?

Cheers

MrNero50
    Free Member

Same size with one solid wall and other half brick, flooring, plastered walls about £10k. Was a few years ago.

Is it a whole new conservatory or a replacement? If new, i.e. Foundations need to be dug, it sounds about right.

sc-xc

Yep, new conservatory. One solid wall, 2 glass (with dwarf wall inc patio doors). Tiled roof – because we want it to be more of an all year round room…

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, about the same as ours a fee years back but ours was s bit bigger.

Houns

Yep, about right, who with?

enduroforever
    Free Member

Sounds like a fair price

sc-xc

Someone we know…Houns… 😉

That’s sort of why I’m asking…

br
    Free Member

No idea, but based on the one we had I’d put underfloor heating in.

sc-xc

That was my next question….how much for 4 x 3 of underfloor heating (as part of the build – not retrofitted)?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Get whoever is tiling to do it, including insulation, you’re looking at around 8-900 all in. Based upon 10mm insulation boards, 200w pm mat, screed finish.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Having had a conservatory some time back I would be tempted to get a quote for a brick extension with large glass windows (so similar to the conservatory quote you have now) a proper roof with a glass atrium. Then compare costs. It may be more expensive but should be warmer and I think the roof will give more light than the velux.

Our conservatory was classic too hot in summer too cold in winter, perfect spring and autumn.

project
    Free Member

So sloping roof, what insulation and interior finish,

electrical work ,plugs and lights,

timber ,upvc or metal,framed windows,

Heating wether off your existing system, new convector heaters, underfloor, electric or water,

Number of opening sashes,windows

Interior finish plaster, plasterboard,pain or cladding,

internal insulation in walls,

doors,sliding or hinged, from house into conservatory and external doors,

type of glass, toughened or laminated ,self cleaning or energy efficent,

foundations required,planning permission,drain check cant build over a drain,

All question to be asked before a quote price should be given, or a big shock in store for all.

Been there.

footflaps

drain check cant build over a drain

Well you can, you just need permission.

gears_suck
    Free Member

So basically you don’t feel confident enough to trust that the builder is not trying to rip you off? Why else would you ask a question that can’t possibly be answered with the amount of detail you’ve given? It’s like asking. “How much does a car cost?”

sc-xc

Brilliant. Go girl.

Thanks everyone else.

crankboy
    Free Member

Sips extensions look good value and a very easy build . I suggest you get one then post pictures and a reviews so I can decide wether to go for one or not.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is this a fair price for a conservatory?’ is closed to new replies.