Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is this a con? (Phishing e-mail content?)
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just got an e-mail from paypal saying if I donate to oxfam this month paypal will pay the fee’s.

I’ve no interest in donating to them, but something about the e-mail just doesn’t look ‘right’? Possibly because paypal are scum sucking stealing barstewards and I can’t imagine them doing anything nice, but it just doesn’t look legit.

DezB
    Free Member
    CountZero

Difficult to say; Paypal phishing ones usually say ‘Dear Paypal customer’ at the top, legit will have your username.

bassspine
    Free Member

I’ve had the same one.

Junkyard
    Free Member

they will let me give Oxfam my momey and not take a cut. Does their genorosity have no start?

GEDA
    Free Member

So what if they pay the fees, pay by direct bank transfer and you don’t pay any fees. What exactly do paypal do with all the money they have? A bank would lend it out to others but I was interested what paypal did with theirs.

jen11
    Free Member

Hi – I work for Oxfam and just wanted to confirm this email is not a ‘con’ and is a genuine email sent by PayPal to promote our new campaign called 100% giving. Its a great offer, if you donate to Oxfam during February, PayPal will pay our admin costs which means 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.

Go to http://www.oxfam.org.uk/giving if you want to find out more.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is this a con? (Phishing e-mail content?)’ is closed to new replies.