Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is there such a thing as …..
  • CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

something to protect my watch when out riding? Have never actually hit my watch on a fall, but having just invested in a new one, I fancy something like a big wristband that would stop it possibly getting scratched during one of those rock garden incompetence episodes

mrsflash
    Free Member

take it off?

ton

get a cheap one for riding in.

peachos
    Free Member

don't wear a new watch that you are bothered about getting smashed out on the trail 🙄

15 year old g-shock suits me well and it has the best feature for night riding where when i lift my arm up the light comes on. magic!

BigDummy
    Free Member

G-shock and not worrying here as well. But I guess you could stretech a sweatband over it, or maybe knot a bandana. Or Crumpler do those smart velcro trouser clips. Maybe some sort of Conan the Barbarian wrist-guard accessory.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

There are such things available but I've only ever seen them for normal, ie not bracelet type straps. They're basically a disc of rubber with a slit at the top and bottom which you thread the straps through.

Personally I'd either not wear a watch and rely on the cycle computer, wear a cheapie or wear something a bit more robust.

Lummox

army watches have a protective leather Cover that covers watch face- probably find it at silvermans.co.uk

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

mrsflash – could do, but like having a watch on to see the time 🙂

ton, peachos and BigDummy – yup I've got a cheap watch for riding, but just fancy wearing the decent one if there was some way of protecting it. If not I will go back to plan A. Also, once or twice have forgotten to swap them in the pre-ride scramble and end up doing a ride with left jacket sleeve fully zipped to wrist.

njee20
    Free Member

Get a computer that has a clock on it then? A cheap £13 Cateye will do it, probably as much as you'd spend on an over engineered watch cover!

I personally find wearing a watch on the bike irritating anyway!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Oh well, back to plan A then. Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is there such a thing as …..’ is closed to new replies.