Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Is there still a market for used 26" mountain bikes?
  • PiknMix
    Free Member

If anyone fancies a 26″ 1 1/8 dual air Reba qr and in white for cheap as chips then I’m your man.

Shameless

mattsccm
    Free Member

No body wanted my 06 Spec Enduro 7 years ago. Doubt annone does now.

twonks

I’ve got a collection or forks / frames and wheels and keep buying frames to play with.

Need to sell a few and buy some nice ‘better’ 26″ wheels 😉

lalazar
    Free Member

The market hasn’t broken contrary to popular belief especially given the fact that new bikes are now a lot more expensive. Not everyone’s got a couple of grand to put into a bike or get credit so you gotta start somewhere.

frankconway

I’ve wondered that with a view to possibly selling but I’m keeping what I’ve got: ex Torq team bike – carbon frame in team colours by Kona, Fox FIT terralogic kashima coated fork, X0 2×10, formula T1 brakes, 180/160mm rotors, Stan’s alpines on superstar pro titanium hubs, ritchie carbon pro bars & stem.
    21 lbs inc pedals and saddle.
    Considered stripping to sell some parts and use others on a 29er project I’m yet to start but…..N+1 and all that.

tomparkin

It seems to me that there’s still a good market for older kit which isn’t keeping up with current standards. Bikes with 26″ wheels, 135mm rear hubs, QR dropouts, straight steerers, 9 speed drivetrains, etc, etc, are still as fun to ride as they ever were.

My current bike ticks all those boxes, and I’m loving riding it!

However, I have had to build that bike up with a keen eye on economy; which has driven going down the “older standards” route. I would imagine there are plenty of folks in a similar boat. So — yeah, the market is there, but the prices most likely won’t be terribly high.

Not sure if that helps you make up your mind what to do with your bike: I suspect the devil will be in the details of whether you’d get what you feel the bike is worth or not, which is hard to second-guess. Maybe worth researching e.g. previous eBay auctions to see what similar things go for as P-Jay said.

stanfree
    Free Member

We got my son a 26″ trek 4900 at Xmas thinking why waste a lot of money if he isnt going to use It. He has used and abused it nearly everyday. Hes now looking for an old full suss to rag about the local downhill tracks . Ive seen him doing pretty big gaps on his old trek and wished i’d never sold my 2011 Canyon nerve now as it would have been prefect. 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Is there still a market for used 26" mountain bikes?’ is closed to new replies.