Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is there something wrong with me?
  • Ewan
    Free Member

I did a half marathon at the weekend (the fleet one). I ran it with my heart rate at an *average* of 184bpm for 1:43. It went to 203 as I sprinted over the line. Felt fine at the end of it, although quite knackered.

I’m a 27 year old bloke and reasonably fit, resting heart beat of 50 after a couple of cups of coffee. I reckon the above is a bit high…

Am I going to die?

the-muffin-man

I wouldn’t worry too much – mine used to go to 215 at very intense times during racing when I was your age

Soup
    Free Member

Mine used to go to 208 when racing. Took over an hour to drop below 100. Thought I was going to die. As for yours, don’t worry so much about the highs and lows – look at recovery to near resting heart rate. Will give you a better indication.

eth3er
    Free Member

well yes sir death awaits. it awaits us ALL.

colnagokid

As long as it has returned to your norm since then, shouldnt be any thing to worry about. 203 at 27 dont seem too high to me

Ewan
    Free Member

Ok cool, it drops back down to below 100 in about 10 minutes. I will stop worrying then.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

You ran a half marathon, and managed a sprint finish.
    Yea, I can see why you are worried!
    (my first run for about 20 years happened yesterday, it was not pretty, or quick, or painless, I am not jealous, honest)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

yes, you have a strange obsession with numbers 🙁

Ewan
    Free Member

Well figured if i’d gone that far I might as well man up 😀 Overtook three guys in the final 100m… 8)

rs
    Free Member

So you were already running a half marathon then pushed yourself hard the last wee bit and your heart rate went up a bit, you also felt a bit tired, duh! That’s how it works!

Slacks
    Free Member

I’m 31 now. I had to do the bleep test at work wearing a heart rate monitor. I had a max of about 220 during the last sprints. It went down to normal quite quickly afterwards. The doctor seemed unconcerned.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is there something wrong with me?’ is closed to new replies.