Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Is there one bike that could replace these two?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

2008 456ti (used for everywhere I ride in the UK)
    2010 Spesh Enduro (used for Alps trips and the like)

Love my 456 but for the Alps, the Enduro is ace too, in a skill compensating and comfort sort of way. Its way more bike than I can handle though.

Thinking of replacing the two for one mid travel full sus to do everything

rocketman
    Free Member

Scott Genius?
    Cannondale Jekyll?

honourablegeorge

Stumpjumper Evo? Most of the Enduro, but more of a trail bike?

kayak23

Zesty.

chugg08

+1 for the Jekyll

I had planned to sell mine before I’d ridden it – I even advertised it on here.

Built it up one rainy weekend and now I wouldn’t be without it. My C456 and Prophet are now redundant.

Okay its a little heavy (almost 30lb) but it climbs well, feels nimble and with 150mm travel it descends better than any other bike I’ve tried.

mcboo
    Free Member

I just sold my beloved Ti456 and short travel susser for a Ti 29er. Wouldnt suggest its the right bike for a week of Alpine downhill but for everything I do (racy XC, Surrey Hills, Lakes) it feels like plenty of bike. If I lived in Scotland I’d maybe have stronger wheels and a 120mm fork but otherwise its plenty…….and fast.

edit – just seen you want to stick with full suss. Either ignore what I said or get a Ti 29er anyway as its still the right bike.

franksinatra

If you love both bikes, why not just keep them?

Rorschach
    Free Member

No.

ads678

Orange Five obviously!!

watsontony
    Free Member

+1 on the orange 5

devs
    Free Member

Tallboy.

alfabus
    Free Member

Pitch… someone posted a link yesterday to some NOS 2011 ones. My missus has one which she rides for everything from big xc days to alps DH runs.

Dave

titusrider
    Free Member

Ibis mojoSL or SL-R and two pairs of forks

140 mm full sus u can run a 160mm for on for the alps and run with a light build and a 140mm fork for the UK.

stevede
    Free Member

Stumpy evo definately meets your criteria.

neil853
    Free Member

Tallboy LTc, that’s my next bike 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d probably agree with Rorschach.

You’ll just end up with a compromise bike.

And besides, what will you ride when one is out of action?

Northwind

Stumpy Evo would be my first call too. Felt incredibly capable without feeling like too much.

But loads of bikes could do it. Zesty is great, Five definately worth looking at. This is kinda what the hard-use 5-inch market is for tbh.

bland

Tallboy LTc, that’s my next bike

Ive told you if you buy a 29er you are not welcome riding with me any more!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Is there one bike that could replace these two?’ is closed to new replies.