Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is there anyway to watch bbc iplayer outside the UK?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’m currently working in India and wondered if there was anyway I could watch the bbc iplayer or 4od etc?

I can’t view it directly through their websites due to broadcasting law? A little dissapointing.

Is there an alternative way?

Thanks

BoardinBob

proxy avoidance sites

atlaz
    Free Member

You need to get a UK proxy. I think myprivatenetwork do a pay one

RepacK
    Free Member

Clicky

I use these guys

woffle
    Free Member

foxy proxy – they also do a Firefox plugin that works a treat…

(you might find that 4OD and some services like TVCatchup.com don’t work with these proxy sites as they block explicitly)

theflatboy
    Free Member

if you’re after watching stuff after it’s been on, i’d be inclined to just download the programmes – there’s a huge amount of stuff that people put on rapidshare and similar, most decent stuff will be available. obviously if you’re after things like antiques roadshow it might be trickier.

j_me
    Free Member

Have you got a pc back home in the UK ? Either set that up to use as a proxy or remote onto it. Although it might be a bit late for that.

Mackem

Just sent you an email…

RepacK
    Free Member

What you need is a VPN not a proxy.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Don’t want to download as it’s a works laptop I’m using here.

We have a VPN but it’s through work so fairly limited as to what I can get on it. Fair enough as it’s for work.

I do have a PC at home. I wondered if I could do that? I go between here and the UK on a regular basis so I’ll look into that for next time, thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is there anyway to watch bbc iplayer outside the UK?’ is closed to new replies.