Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • is there anyone here who can read MRI images of soft tissue
  • Keva
    Free Member

Are there any radiographers or physiotherapists here who know how to read MRI images? I’ve had an MRI scan of my left calf due to constant irritation recently. It was injured a couple of years ago and probably due to increased bike mileage this summer it started to play up and feels like it doesn’t recover properly. Anyway I’ve had it scanned but the radiographers report says there is nothing abnormal showing in the muscle and I’m looking for a second opinion. thanks.

DrP

Interestingly, I rarely refer patients to singletrackworld for second opinions…..
    There must be a reason why…??

(If you want a valid second opinion, there’s sensible routes to go down for one)

DrP

richmars

Agree with the above, but post the picture anyway, should keep us busy for a few hours.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is there a better web forum DrP? I’d have thought mumsnet would have an opinion.

rOcKeTdOg

RadioIsotopetrackworld.com

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It could be Cat AIDS but you will need to post the pictures up for a proper diagnosis.

When I looked at my knee scan pictures I needed an expert just to tell me what I was looking at

adjustablewench
    Free Member

radiologytrackworld

The first one that came up – there are a few.

Better to ask your GP to send you for a second opinion though surely?

wwaswas

Given that the GMC is telling it’s members not to offer any advice online now I can’t see anyone with enough experience to actually do a proper 2nd opinion helping via stw.

Do put the scan up though 🙂

Barium biscuit anyone?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m a bit surprised the NHS paid for an MRI for “constant irritation”, as someone who’s had many years of calf problems due to numerous tears from sport injuries playing on astro turf I’d say you’ve cumulative muscle injuries which have not healed properly, all the cycling probably isn’t helping. So basically I agree with your diagnosis. You should see a sports doctor/physio get some rehab excersizes and work on stretching.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

There you go Kevs, posted your pic for you.

wwaswas

that’s a sticker, isn’t it?

cloudnine
    Free Member

OP.. its a musculotendinous disruption in the medial head of the gastrocnemius muscle. Avoid movement in which the knee is extended while the foot is dorsiflexed. Diagnosis complete.. you can post the image now.

edward2000
    Free Member

Paulosoxo you appear to have an arrow sticking out of your leg. Perhaps the result of a fishing injury?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

edward2000 – Member – Quote
    Paulosoxo you appear to have an arrow sticking out of your leg. Perhaps the result of a fishing injury?

The prime suspect

singlecrack
    Free Member

uh ….Im going with stinging nettle rash .. 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

that’s a sticker, isn’t it?

Brilliant!!! 😆

derek_starship
    Free Member

Come on Keva – show us your T1 and T2 !

paulosoxo
    Free Member

You’ve missed the real issue. That’s not my leg.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘is there anyone here who can read MRI images of soft tissue’ is closed to new replies.