• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is there any way of getting hold of the Giant OEM Pike lowers?
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’m in the process of building a slightly eclectic Nukeproof Scout build, I want the special 46mm offset lowers from the Reign.

Is there any way to get my hands on a set of these? A part number that I could order?

I have an insane vision of running these lowers with some 130mm pikes and a works components -2 degree angleset in my quest to build awesomez hardtail goodness.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It’s not the lowers, it’s the CSU.

LoCo
    Free Member

Uppers/csu are listed on parts table, what wheel size?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

27.5 loco! Cheers chaps! I can’t find the 46mm offset 27.5 CSU on Srams standard part list. 🙁

LoCo
    Free Member

46mm offset uppers only listed for 29 forks 😐
    Will ask someone about it…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I guess this will be like trying to get my hands on Srams/Lappierres E.I. shock parts without owning one of their bikes. 🙁

Thanks a bunch loco!

LoCo
    Free Member

Think that’s difficult even if you do have one 😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It just so happens I have a brand new set of 46mm offset Pikes attached to a bike that should be here in the next week or so.

If you want you could buy them, create your frankenfork, and build a normal set out of the rest of the bits & sell them…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Think that’s difficult even if you do have one

😥

I was gutted by that, even started teaching myself bloody matlab to start building my own system! If you could hire a programmer Loco and build your own system that could be added onto a range of shocks, I’d buy one from you.

It just so happens I have a brand new set of 46mm offset Pikes attached to a bike that should be here in the next week or so.

Hob Nob, what kind of time frame are you looking to sell them? In a hurry?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Not overly, they should be here in a week or so, any time after that really.

I was only going to stick them up on Ebay as I don’t need them for my build

LoCo
    Free Member

f you could hire a programmer Loco and build your own system that could be added onto a range of shocks, I’d buy one from you.

Waiting to see what systems come in over next few years, in comparison to Shimano Di stuff the build quality wasn’t good..
    It’d be a pretty big investment to develop a system & I’m still not convinced that adding complication to ‘push’ bikes is the way to go. Sound like a bit of an old hippy now 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is there any way of getting hold of the Giant OEM Pike lowers?’ is closed to new replies.