• This topic has 49 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by rhid.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Is there any reason not to buy am iron horse sunday?
  • sharkattack

A few years ago when I had a mate in the trade I got to see a Commencal graveyard. A shed piled high with broken frames all under 18 months old. I think they’re over the worst of it now but it’s a brave (or uninformed) man that buys a used one.

The Specialized Status is an awesome bike, I just used that one as an example. People think of it as a beginner bike but that’s only because it plays second fiddle to the demo and comes with a basic spec.

It’s a legitimate 8 inch travel, FSR, downhill frame. Plenty of used ones available. If I needed a budget DH bike it would be top of my list. Try and get one with Boxxers though.

I’d have this one no arguments.

edward2000
    Free Member

OP, just out of interest, if I sold you my white, medium, 2008 Sunday Team frame, with a -2 degree cup, ((the shock was serviced recently (receipt to prove this) and is specifically tuned to the Sunday, ie very low compression damping)), how much would you be willing to pay? As said before im the original owner.

jamesfts
    Free Member

What shock out of interest? 😉

edward2000
    Free Member

Dhx5 with a ti spring

jamesfts
    Free Member

If the OP isn’t interested I might be, though it’s not my thread so I’ll keep quiet for now.

rhid

I would want the small sunday frame sorry. I won’t look to pay over 300 for a frame in this instance, ideally 250.

rbt84
    Free Member

2015 Status 1 or 2015 Voltage FR 730

legend
    Free Member

rbt84 – Member
    2015 Status 1 or 2015 Voltage FR 730

….are two bikes?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Neither of which can be bought for £750….but thanks for the input.

rhid

Sunday sold so the search contines! Been looking at demos and glorys. Some.ok deals to be had.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Is there any reason not to buy am iron horse sunday?’ is closed to new replies.