Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • STW Northern Chapter, can I suggest a ride on Sunday?
  • Horse
    Free Member

Thinking of heading to the Lakes this Sunday, weather looks ok, thinking of doing the Borrowdale Bash Plus, the normal route plus a few extras, any takers? Meet at Keswick, free parking by the pool, 10am?
    Any takers?

Horse
    Free Member

What a biffer, I meant “The Northern Chapter”

simonralli2
    Free Member

I’d be potentially interested as I have never done the Borrowdale Bash before but there is a but. I am bit worried about the distance of the “extras” – I tend to ride for around 3 – 4 hours and am neither fast not technical. Oh, and I wouldn’t really fancy it in difficult weather conditions. But apart from that if you could say a bit more about the ride and types of rider you’d like to ride with that would help!

lowey

Sorry Dave… local ride on Sunday… See Gavgas, not sure what he’s up to this weekend.

Horse
    Free Member

Type of rider, anyone really! If you can’t ride it you can walk it. It is quite rocky.
    The extras would be doing the Lonscale Fell loop to start with (maybe) and a cheeky trail which doesn’t add any distance to the route but cuts out a tarmac slog.

Horse
    Free Member

Yeah, was looking for Gavgas, is he the Daddy?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hi – do you have an idea of how many miles the ride is? Is there a map at all of the route?

Horse
    Free Member

20 miles? But quite a few hills, if we did the extra loop it’d be a 6ish hour ride.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I’d still be up for it – are there any obvious exit points or would I be totally comitted? I’m up for a 6 hour ride as the last killer loop I did was 7 hours (with a pub stop half way round : )

What OS map is this on? I dont mind buying a map if need be. I assume this is on the net somewhere as a route to have a look at?

Horse
    Free Member

It’s 2 routes in 1. The Lonscale Loop is up from Threlkeld to near Skiddaw House and then back to Keswick. Borrowdale Bash will be on here somewhere if you run a search. It’s nearly all on OL4

GaVgAs
    Free Member

It sounds like you have a route sorted horse,there’s lots of options from the BB route,I think I might actually be in the area on Sunday but cant commit to anything at this time.

cheers “The Daddy” 🙄

Horse
    Free Member

Cool, the option I do is up past Castlerigg Campsite and over the fell to drop down near Ashness Bridge.

GaVgAs
    Free Member
    simonralli2
    Free Member

I’ve found this thread with a route on a map – is this the kind of thing for the first loop? This is one route I have always wanted to do.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/best-borrowdale-bash-route

simonralli2
    Free Member

Oh and the weather is looking not too bad right now for Sunday 😀

Horse
    Free Member

That’s pretty much it!

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Horse – Member

Cool, the option I do is up past Castlerigg Campsite and over the fell to drop down near Ashness Bridge.

That’s Walla Crag Horse – watch out for walkers if it’s a nice day…it’s quite a popular walk coming up from Ashness (and down Cat Gill).

Gav – did YH Dave mention Saturday to you last night ? He’s planning something silly apparently, setting off from the Pedlar about 9 a.m.

Horse
    Free Member

Yeah, I know, if there’s a few of us we might go up the road.

Kahurangi

I might be up for this, I’ll be in touch unless I feel like doing something more tame near Hexham.

lowey

Cheeky riding Horse ?

Are there not rules governing this kind of behaviour given your standing in the community ?

Horse
    Free Member

I feel guilty now…………….If it’s dry, not too many people about and there’s only 1 or 2 of us riding I do sometimes sneak a fp in. It’s civil law anyway!

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Timing’s everything around here – set off late in the afternoon and you’ll not see a soul; the walkers are all back in town by then, fighting for a table in the pub 🙂

Horse
    Free Member

Chaps, I don’t think I’m going to be able to make this ride after all. Family disaster which needs my TLC, sorry, I’ll defo put another shout out in a few weeks time when the dust has settled. Sorry for any inconvenience,

Harry

GaVgAs
    Free Member

🙁

Horse
    Free Member

I know, to be fair I might still be able to ride but I don’t want to let folk down late Saturday night at the last minute. Were you riding Gav?

simonralli2
    Free Member

That’s a shame as I would have liked to have ridden Borrowdale. I turned down a sunny ride with Trekster today to save my legs for this oh well no probs c’est la vie. 🙂

Horse
    Free Member

Simon, as I said it still might be on, if you’re free anyway I’ll let you know later, I should know by tea-time?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Oh right OK – drop me a email if you can at simonralli at hotmail dot com – can you send me your mobile too? Also, I googled Keswick and swimmingpool but couldn’t find anything – can you send me directions and maybe the postcode for where the car park and meeting point is? Cheers!

Horse
    Free Member

Hi Simon ygm

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I have other plans for Sunday Horse sorry,Theres a regular Tuesday night ride starting from the Pedlar Cafe in Keswick 1830.. 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘STW Northern Chapter, can I suggest a ride on Sunday?’ is closed to new replies.