Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • is there any differences betweeb caliper types i n Hope M4??
  • pierrepechon
    Free Member

hi

i want to replace my avid elixirs with hope m4 brakes
    its on a gary fisher roscoe 3, so its got fox talas forks, and a normal looking rear end

i am kind of new to this lot, but are there specific types of m4 caliper that fit better than others?

i have seen used ones advertised as hope m4 caliper #3. are these ok to swap?

thanks, p

BruceM
    Free Member

You need to be aware that Hope did the original M4 and then later the Mono M4 and now the Tech M4.

As far as i know, and someone may correct me but only the original M4 has a calliper number associated with it and it describes the rotor size and if it is Front/Rear.

Personally i would go for a newer Mono or Tech M4, Hope no longer support the Original M4 i think.
    http://www.hopetechnology.com/technical/tab_fitt.htm

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Monos did come in 1s mount which has a number associated with it – no separate adaptor is needed and the caliper number lets you know what disc size is required. Buying new I think they are all post mount now

So if your frame and fork are IS mount then IS mount calipers are a neater fitting. You can use post mount calipers with IS mount frame and forks – adaptor bneeded. Witha a post mount caliper nad a post mount fork you can use a 160 disc with no adaptor.

Hope still suppotrt old style pr mono m4s IIRC

IS mount caliper (shimano)

Post mount with IS adaptor gawd knows what type of caliper

IS frame mount

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Three_Fish
    Free Member

(edit: pard the repetition, I was typing at the same time as TandemJeremy)

No. 3 caliper IS would be for a 180mm front and 160mm rear. They’re the black/gold Mono calipers, I take it?

Does the Talas fork have IS or PM caliper mounts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘is there any differences betweeb caliper types i n Hope M4??’ is closed to new replies.