Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Is there any difference in burlyness with a Float RL and an RP23
  • swisstony
    Free Member

I’m looking at a new shock for my Prophet and the RP23 seems to be the one to go for but i’m not one for nob twiddling ( i never mess with my Lyrics or Pikes) so i’m thinking i could save a good few quid and get the RL but is it ok for tougher all mountain type stuff??

ta

Simon

geetee1972
    Free Member

In terms of construction, the RP23 is no more robust than the Float RL and if you want to get more performance in the future you are better off putting the money into after market tuning like Push kits or a Mojo tune.

swisstony
    Free Member

yes i’d thought about getting it pushed, still probably cheaper than a new rp23 and a better shock??

geetee1972
    Free Member

It’s entirely possible that the biggest limitation on damper performance is the need for manufacturers to make something that can work reasonably well for 90% of users – you end up with something that appeals to the lowest common denominator instead of being designed with a specific bike and/or a specific rider in mind.
    It would be interesting to see what other people think, but I would suggest that a basic no frills damper that is then tuned to your weight, bike, style etc, (whether that be Push tuning or Mojo tuning) will always be better than a stock damper with lots of dials to try and figure out. I’m particularly impressed with the Push tuning that TF Tuned offers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Is there any difference in burlyness with a Float RL and an RP23’ is closed to new replies.