Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is there any danger from a bruise?
  • Lakes_Puma

While riding this weekend I washed out and landed hard on tree stump with my hip.

Luckily I was wearing Fox Demo padded shorts and was able to ride on.

Now I have a massive bruise about 20cm by 10cm on my hip and it’s quite raised and firm to touch.

Do I need to worry about anything, seems like it must be a lot of loose blood internally?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Man up, ya big girl!

seanodav
    Free Member

probably ok but ive had my urine checked for blood before for that very same reason

munrobiker
    Free Member

I had a hematoma (which is what it sounds like yours is) from clouting a stump on my way past back in May. The lump is still there but bruising and pain gone. The doctor told me to keep it elevated as the location it was in it could have burst and trapped an important nerve. I kept it up and my leg went a brilliant array of colours.

If you’re worried about it go to the doctor.

Lakes_Puma

Cheers Rusty, did you have to study long to get your medical doctorate? 😆

toby1

Big bruise with a potentially work un-friendly picture included.

Summary: you’ll live and you may be deformed (like me – see the BMX horror stories thread) for life.

Too late – Murobiker got there first!

wwaswas

I had this a year or so back after side swiping a tree

I did go to A&E because my kidneys hurt but they tested my wee and there were no problems.

Took weeks to fade though.

rocketman
    Free Member

Now I have a massive bruise about 20cm by 10cm

Pfft lightweight

Matey is a big unit and the other month he managed to spear himself on various bits of bike and tree. Quite a lot of bruising which looked really bad and an internet-diagnosed hematoma or two.

Despite some serious allegations regarding his masculinity and sexual orientation, he got some medicated cream from the chemist and the worst of it had disappeared in a few days. Not sure what it was called but apparently the chemist knew what it was straightaway

Might be worth a try

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Cheers Rusty, did you have to study long to get your medical doctorate?

Not as long as you’d think 😀

BillOddie
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is there any danger from a bruise?’ is closed to new replies.