• This topic has 44 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Daffy.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Is there an eBay scam I need to look out for – motorcycle sale
  • wilko1999
    Free Member

Great news!

Cougar

You underpriced it, obviously. (-:

techsmechs
    Free Member

When I sold a 70s CB750 all the (decent) interest came from Portugal, I was nervous that it was some well known scam that I had missed. In end the guy paid a fair price for the bike and asked me to deliver at his cost. Cash on delivery. I had visions of 3 days on a classic bike down to Lisbon but it ended up going to his brother in Brighton.

Much nicer to deal with than the british interest all of which tried to threaten me into paying what they wanted to pay.

tillydog
    Free Member

One last thought: Take a few photos of the bike when it’s being loaded / packed up, or whatever. I sold a VFR on ebay to a guy who arranged for a courier to pick it up in a van. Between my house and his, somebody dropped it and smashed up the clocks, fairing & mirror. The company that moved it denied all knowledge and went as far as doctoring their receipt to add details of the damage.

This obviously put us both in an awkward situation. The company kept changing their story (and their paperwork doctoring was laughably bad!) so the buyer eventually believed my side of the story. I left him and them arguing it out.

(Transport company was ‘Roads Away’ in Holywell run by Chris Jackson. AVOID!)

Daffy

Paypal doesn’t provide buyer protection for vehicles or deposits.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Is there an eBay scam I need to look out for – motorcycle sale’ is closed to new replies.