Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is there an easy way to divide an image into equal parts using Photoshop
  • gozarch
    Free Member

As above, really, I thought I’d done it – 24 ‘chunks’ at 120px wide. All but three have turned out the same height, and I don’t get it 🙁 I’m now running out of time and ideas. Any help greatly appreciated.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Slice tool?

http://www.photoshop911.com/tutorials/photo_collage_mosiac.html

edit: I don’t have PS on this machine to check it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

slice tool is probably your best bet.
    Define the size of one slice then you can just alt drag that slice as many times as you like then save for web to export the slices.

being nosey, why do you need to do this?

gozarch
    Free Member

Ok, who knew there was such a thing as a slice tool! So I’ve done the slices, but I can’t figure out how to save them as separate files. The save for web is a bit confusing …

Oh, it’s for the background to an advent calendar to showcase some of our special collections!

seosamh77
    Free Member

save for web, then just select the slices you want to export, use shift to select multiple ones, set your export settings, jpeg/png/etc set the quality settings then save.

_tom_
    Free Member

^What he said. It’s easy! Slicing up a photoshop document and exporting with html is also a really piss easy way to make a cheap and dirty website. Not really recommended though, I think this method is a bit outdated now haha.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I think this method is a bit outdated now haha.

shudders to think of tables for layouts, long live css! 😀

gozarch
    Free Member

Chaps, a thousand thankyous! It’s done and passed to our web team to make it work with our CMS.

😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is there an easy way to divide an image into equal parts using Photoshop’ is closed to new replies.