Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is there an accurate online IQ test?
  • shermer75
    Free Member

I love doing these because, as this article points out, they are designed to flatter you and sell advertising space rather than give an accurate reading. So does anyone know of any reliable ones?

wwaswas

If you need to ask you’ve already failed 😉

Cougar

They can also cost a fair bit, as they are actually scientific tools, like microscopes and the like.

I love that in an article about IQ, they felt the need to give an example in case anyone didn’t know what “scientific tools” were.

Drac

Loads on Facebook. Apparently I’m a genius.

shermer75
    Free Member

That made me chuckle a bit too! I love the idea of using a microscope to examine someone’s IQ! 😀

km79
    Free Member

If you want any accuracy then you need to sit a proper supervised test. Your results don’t tell you much though, it gives an idea about capability and where you are compared to others. Much more useful would be an understanding of how much of your capability/potential you are using and how much you are wasting.

midlifecrashes

They’re all as accurate as each other, given that the only thing they measure is the ability to succeed in IQ tests.

rjmccann101

I’d recomend you read The Mismeasure of Man by Jay Gould before taking any notice of IQ tests.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You’d could do a few and then get a reference tarot reading

thepurist

Ask MENSA – they’ll give you a test then ask you to pay them to prove how clever you are

Garry_Lager

shermer75 – Member

I love doing these because, as this article points out, they are designed to flatter you and sell advertising space rather than give an accurate reading. So does anyone know of any reliable ones? Give the mensa supervised test a whirl – Doubt you (or anyone else) would find it flattering – it’s extremely tough. It’s true that they dish out promotional materials with soft tests, but the real one is a brute. IIRC there were more questions than time permits to complete properly, so even if you’re exceptional at these sort of things you’re still come under a lot of pressure to work through it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is there an accurate online IQ test?’ is closed to new replies.