Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Is there a wheel size
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

In between 26″ and 650b? As I think that’s the size I need.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Easy to test!

Take a 650b wheel and tighten the spokes two complete turns each to squeeze the wheel a bit. Then, ride.

Disclaimer: Don’t.[/i]

rOcKeTdOg

650b with 23’s on them untractiontastic off road but awesome in your local TT

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

650c?? Its a few bigger than 26″ but less than 650b i think

Stoner
    Free Member

26er:

from 559-25 (584)
    to 559-60 (619)

605b:

from 584-38 (622)
    to 584-60 (644)

29er:
    from 622-38 (660)
    to 622-60 (682)

I think it’s already covered, more or less, but I can see a definite need for something in the 620-621 range.

😉

fasthaggis

You could bake a set

JCL
    Free Member

In all seriousness I think 28″ could have been interesting but I’m happy with 29″

bigyinn
    Free Member

Where there’s a niche there’s a wheelsize. Which niche is sir looking at?

unklehomered
    Free Member

A 26″ with a massive tyre on it? or a 650b with a small tyre on it…

Aristotle
    Free Member

What wheel size to help shift a few more bikes to weekend warrrior punters who need the latest innovation to save them milliseconds on a social ride around Llandegla? …given that every aspect of their riding has been fully optimised, of course

I’m lying awake at night worrying about this.

I’m wondering: Should I just take my 26″ wheeled bikes to the tip now and never ride again?

ps. What colour paint is fastest?

HermanShake
    Free Member

ps. What colour paint is fastest?

Black, it doesn’t slow you down with reflections (visual drag). Then again red automatically reduces rolling resistance by 1% so it depends on the whole colourway 😉

OP, just keep wrapping cut up inner tubes around your 26″ rims until you reach the desired girth. A couple of winds of wire should see it stay put.

Airless, tubeless, faultless. It’s the future.

andyl
    Free Member

Black, it doesn’t slow you down with reflections (visual drag). Then again red automatically reduces rolling resistance by 1% so it depends on the whole colourway

phew. I have a matte black bike with a few red details. No wonder it feels faster than my old bike.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I’m going to have to get the rattle cans out.

I’m wondering, will matt black make my bike more of an all-mountain, trail long travel, good for DH and XC, race-ready almost-29er with non of the inherent slowness and dangerousness of its 26″ wheels or not? Should I just use very tall tyres?

Then again, should I spend £1000s instead or should I learn to ride without stabilisers first?

timmys

A 26″ with a massive tyre on it? or a 650b with a small tyre on it…

I know you are joking but I think a 26″ with a “massive” tyre would actually be bigger than a 650b with a small tyre rather than in between the two wheel sizes!

chiefgrooveguru

You got your sums wrong!

26er:
    from 559-38 (635)
    to 559-60 (679)
    650b:
    from 584-38 (660)
    to 584-60 (704)
    29er:
    from 622-38 (698)
    to 622-60 (742)

No gaps! 😉

stuey
    Free Member

Yup my semi-fat has 3″ Nokias and they’re a smidgen over 28″

Northwind

paulosoxo – Member

In between 26″ and 650b?

I find your choice of question very frustrating! If you’d said “between 26 and 27.5” we could have said “Yeah, 650B” 🙁

HermanShake
    Free Member

Aristotle, it depends on how matte we’re talking. You want something that absorbs itself forwards through space and time. Kind of like a black hole on wheels.

rOcKeTdOg

I’m wondering: Should I just take my 26″ wheeled bikes to the tip now and never ride again?

Might as well, now 26″ is obsolete spares will run out anyway unless you are gonna use BSO supermarket specials which will be the only haven of the smaller wheel

Aristotle
    Free Member

Well, as somebody who is still using square taper bb’s and 25.4mm handlebars on his mtbs , I reckon I might stick it out for now….

Given the old technology in use, it’s amazing that my bikes still work.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Is there a wheel size’ is closed to new replies.