Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Is there a website that track riders go to….
  • paulrockliffe
    Free Member

…where they sell their old track bikes? Most of the stuff on eBay has been butched by some fixie **** and it’s a pain working out which are decent track bikes and which are generic fixie crap.

Was looking at a TT forum that had loads of bikes for sale and wondered if there was something similar from track bikes?

kilo

try lfgss.com

ormondroyd
    Free Member

A lot of generic fixies don’t meet a minimum BB height for a lot of tracks. I learned that yesterday, never knew it before. Apparently the tracks don’t want people ripping planks out with their pedals. Seems fair enough.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

we sell our stuff on ebay to hipsters to maximise what we can get for stuff. The prices I’ve got for my old track stuff in the last couple of years has been double what it’s worth to a trackie.

eyerideit
    Free Member

try lfgss.com

is where all the hipsters with beards/skinny jeans and aero spokes hang out.

Email the nice people at http://www.hernehillvelodrome.com/community/ or your local track/cycle club. You’re more likely to get a real (well looked after) track bike rather than a fashion accessory.

D0NK

The prices I’ve got for my old track stuff in the last couple of years has been double what it’s worth to a trackie

keeping an eye on the pistadex?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

keeping an eye on the pistadex?

yep. short anything campagnolo pista is my tip

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Yeah, there’s usually a few adverts up at the Velodrome in Manchester that I’ll check out when I’m back in Manchester in September, but was hoping to find an online resource of equal value. I did have an option lined up……. but it got sold to some fixie **** for a shed load instead. Poor thing.

MrSmith
    Free Member

LFGSS is populated by wannabe hipsters. Real track riders go to veloriders.com

gravitysucks
    Free Member

What you after fella?

I have a 58cm Fuji track Pro I’m going to be selling at some point.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Fixedgearfever is a good resource, worldwide so not the best for classified but good info / advice.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I’m after a cheap 54 to 56 cm track bike. I’m not looking to race, just train two or three times a month on the track, so not after anything special. 58 would be too big I think.

Coleman
    Free Member
    paddy0091
    Free Member

ask on veloriders.co.uk / track section

Bregante

Spotted this one the other day and it’s a 56 (if you can live with the colour)

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=12864012

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Is there a website that track riders go to….’ is closed to new replies.