Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is there a way of using hard cash to buy stuff on-line?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is there a safe way to use cash to buy stuff on-line? Most pre-paid credit cards seem to charge commission or have some kind of annual fee, and are still linked to your address somehow. Are there vouchers you can purchase? Essentially, I suppose I’m looking for a free way to do it. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve got on with fairfx. I don’t see how anyone can send you a card without having your address.

Why the paranoia?

maccruiskeen

I think you might be able to use postal orders online

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

never leave a paper trail when you’re buying 500Kg of fertilizer and some detonators.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why the paranoia?

Where did I say I was paranoid? Anyway, thanks, will have a look at that one.

binners

Get a personal courier to carry a suitcase full of cash round for you

You’ll want someone with experience in handling wedges of notes in a discreet fashion. Maybe….

or….

toys19
    Free Member

just load cash onto a normal credit card – then no fee. I often overpay my credit card bill so that I can buy something on credit card and get the protection therein. (Or just use a credit card and then pay the bill straight away, no charges)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

just load cash onto a normal credit card

I don’t have any credit cards. 😐

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Rose will accept payment by bank transfer, or maybe a visa-electron or whatever the SOLO card is called now, attach it to a seperate current account if your worried abotu scammers emptying your savings? Basicly they’re a debit card that won’t authorise the transaction unless the funds are there (i.e. there is no overdraft at all, not even an unauthorised one), they’re intended for u18’s who aren’t allowed credit in any form.

geoffj

Online transactions need to be linked back to your address shirley, otherwise it would make scamming much easier?
    Depends what you mean by safe, but visa debit has similar protection to that afforded to credit cards (visa charge back I think its called).
    And WHAT is wrong with PrayPal?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Online transactions need to be linked back to your address shirley, otherwise it would make scamming much easier?

Tru dat. Good point.

*does a tiny little facepalm at self*

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is there a way of using hard cash to buy stuff on-line?’ is closed to new replies.