Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Is there a way of transferring pics from a camera to an IPad???
  • flashes
    Free Member

Is there a way of transferring pics from a camera to an IPad without using another computer???
    Any replies in really easy to follow steps please, I’m a single speeder…….
    Ta..

jam-bo

Get a camera with wifi. I transfer pics straight from my rx100 to my iPhone.

Or get a camera card reader

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MJYT2ZM/A/lightning-to-sd-card-camera-reader

Drac

Which camera, which memory card and what computer do you use?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

Don’t know if it happens in all instances, but transferring via Play-memories from my RX100 to my phone compresses the file massively.

jam-bo

There is a setting for that.at least in the iPhone app.

There is in the Android app iirc – can’t remember the exact details, but I read a big thread on it somewhere and it will still do it if certain parameters regarding file size aren’t met – or something along those lines

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VQjJMh]Screenshot_20170624-111143[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

midlifecrashes

Try one of these, SD card with wifi, you can get them cheaper than extra wiring:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-FlashAir-Wireless-Flash-Memory/dp/B00UV8V00K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1498299077&sr=8-2&keywords=sd+card+wifi

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z7XsEKONTs[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

In the old days (iPad1) I had an adapter which took the camera memory card and transferred the pics straight into the Photos app. No idea if it’s still available for the current iPads

flashes
    Free Member

Thank you. Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ35 (Kingston 32gb SD10v card) and Sony NEX-5 (Delkin pro 8gb card)….

timwillows
    Free Member

Well you could buy a lightning to SD card adaptor, £30 from Apple but lots of cheaper copies on eBay.

Cheaper ones tend to work for a while then die as IOS gets updated

flashes
    Free Member

With a card reader doesn’t the photos need to be in a DCIM folder? What does that mean???

CountZero

The later Panasonic LUMIX cameras, like my TZ72 will copy across via an app that Panasonic have on the App Store.
    Works very well, so much easier than messing about with adaptors, plus you can use any size card that takes your fancy, fill them up then use a fresh card, keeping the full one as a safety backup.
    I buy batches of 8 or 16Gb cards, but now they’re getting ever cheaper, I’ll buy a couple of 32 or 64Gb cards; just had a look at 7dayshop, and their 32Gb Kingston cards are now £12.49, 16Gb cards are £8.19, Lexmark 32Gb cards are only £11.89, so I might get a couple of those sometime soon.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Lightning to USB adapter. I plug my 5D into my ipad mini and all the photos .raw files go straight to Photos and then I can edit them in Lightroom

RoterStern
    Free Member

Lightning to USB adapter works for me, too.

piemonster

Another lightning adapter user here, never had any issues with it.

Superficial
    Free Member

I use the Lightning to USB here too. It’s very slow to copy files though.

flashes
    Free Member

Countzero is your camera wireless? If so, that won’t work as mine is an earlier version. Eddie baby, sounds good but I didn’t understand a word… what’s a 5d, what’s lightroom??? Basically if I buy a Lightning to USB a proper Apple one, should that work with earlier LUMIX cameras???
    Cheers..

piemonster

I user with a Lumix waterproof camera

Caher

I just upload them to Google photos on the PC and display on the iPad.

simondbarnes

Press play to view the pic on the camera. Take a photo of the screen using the ipad. Repeat until finished. Voila.

Drac

Too drunk to reply I think others covered it.

flashes
    Free Member

Caher, a cunning plan, but I don’t have another computer……

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Is there a way of transferring pics from a camera to an IPad???’ is closed to new replies.