Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is there a washing machine on the ISS?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Do they wash their pants, take loads with them or just smell a bit?

GrahamS

And do they hang them outside to dry?

lemonysam
    Free Member
    jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Best thread ever!! 😀

What would happen on the spin cycle in a zero gravity environment?

Do they have bidets?

maxtorque

GrahamS

And do they hang them outside to dry?

That would actually work, but it would take a while, because you would have to wait for the water to sublimate from it’s frozen state into water vapour in the low pressure environment

(basically, you stick your wet clothes on the line, real it out the air lock, and the water will pretty much freeze immediately, then slowly, due to the low pressure, the ice will sublimate to water vapour)

maxtorque

More importantly, now we have “women” in space, do they get forced to do the washing?? 😉

(I jest of course, it would be massively sexist to suggest the women should be relegated to washing for the men. (when they should quite clearly be spending their time making dinner for them….. 😉 /1865

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think water may be more important to someone trapped in space than clean clothes freshly sublimated 😉

Pook

So you’re suggesting that they should reclaim the sublimated pants water for reuse then junky?

Harry_the_Spider

They could make soup.

avdave2

The costs of sending anything into space – between $5,000 and $10,000 per 500g

Blimey something actually more expensive per gram than saving weight on your bike.

avdave2

They could make soup.

There’s a dragon up there somewhere to do that.

andyl
    Free Member

avdave2 – Member
    Blimey something actually more expensive per gram than saving weight on your bike.

Sounds like Royal Mails new pricing structure.

rureadyboots
    Free Member

No. There is however a **** ing sock

Harry_the_Spider

There is however a **** sock

Just the one?

maxtorque

avdave2

Does that make the ISS’s acoustic guitar the most expensive guitar in the world???

Harry_the_Spider

Sadly, it occurred to me that the reality of this is a probably a little more fetid than in the film.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/12/gravity-got-sandra-bullocks-underwear-wrong-video_n_4258671.html

avdave2

I reckon there must be an outtake from the film where she gets splatted by the sock.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is there a washing machine on the ISS?’ is closed to new replies.