• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by bol.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is there a trick to removing Dt240 15mm adaptors?
  • bol

Because I’ve just made one a very funny shape trying to remove it, and it hasn’t budged in the slightest. I need to swap back to 20mm, and executed it to be quite straight forward. Any tips?

z1ppy

My tip… “Expected” is spelt like “Expected”, there again it does should like you may have executed it.

Looking at the conversion kit (Qr to 15mm) it does seem likey they should just pull out.. & this was the case on the one I’ve seen converted (rear hub).

bol

Good old predictive text. Yeh, I just expected it to pull out.

z1ppy

To remove the 20mm caps, you need 2 spanners, one on each end cap. Unscrew in the normal direction (anti-clockwise). Unfortunately you will normally be left with one end cap still tightly fastened, you will need to knock the axle out as if carrying out a bearing service, then carefully clamp the axle without crushing it. You will then be able to unscrew the other end cap.

I assume this will be the same to remove the 15mm end caps

Found here

jsync

I put the 15qr in the end as deep as the adapter and prised it our with the qr.

boxfish
    Free Member

I use an old spoke to tap the end caps off from the inside. There is a small lip which gives enough purchase. A light tap and the end cap flies off.

joespencer33
    Free Member

I just pulled at mine with a hefty pair of pliers, then hit myself in the pliers once it came out, so don’t do that.

theocb
    Free Member

The DT 240s I have are screw in end caps on the front as per zippy’s instructions. (the oversize hub)

Remove one by unscrewing. Tap out the axle and use soft grip vice to hold the axle while unscrewing the other (I usually manage by holding the axle with an innertube while unscrewing the end cap, sometimes you can do this without removing the axle in the first place so check first.)

bol

Thanks all. Goes to find matching spanners. You’d think I’d learn to look at instructions first.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is there a trick to removing Dt240 15mm adaptors?’ is closed to new replies.