Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is there a trick or easy way to
  • donsimon
    Free Member

find a puncture in an airbed?
    I don’t have a bath to do a water test.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Pump it up. Apply pressure. Listen for the escaping air. Put your face nearer the sound. When you’ve located the area close enough, wet your lips and put your face very close. Locate the puncture when you feel the air on your lips. Don’t forget to mark it or you’ll have to do it all over again.

I just made this up.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Do like i (repeatedly it seems) do.

Pump up airbed. Go to bed several hours later. Wake up stiff, sore and sleeping on the ground.

Buy new airbed.

Pump up airbed. Go to bed several hours later. Wake up stiff, sore and sleeping on ground.

Buy new airbed……

donsimon
    Free Member

😆

nedrapier

try a sopping wet cloth and work your way all the way round, wetting a bit at a time.

You’re more likely to hear it bubbling through a film of water than coming straight out into the air. Worked for me on a thermarest.

yunki
    Free Member

add a bit of washing up liquid to the sopping wet cloth for better indication..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ah – are you sure you’ve got a leak? I used to think all airbeds were rubbish like muddydwarf suggests, but then I discovered that it was all down to simply not shoveing the valve plug in hard enough…

Oh how we larfed.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Talc. Take it to the garden and rub it with talc

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I fixed mine with a cycle puncture repair kit. Has worked fine so far.

billybob
    Free Member

Take it to a lake or a large body of water, pump it up, use it as a raft as it deflates eventually you should see some air bubbles. That’ll be where your hole is. 😀

parkesie
    Free Member

Talc? are you sure youve not got air bed mixed up with large lady?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

fill it up with water and see where it shoots out?

*grabs a handful of man-points from don for even having to ask such a f***ing girlie question on here*

MTFU etc…!

Mugboo

Or give up and buy a self inflating mat. Much better!

bland

buy a new one from Tesco, keep receipt, put old one in box and return for refund.

Job done

grantway
    Free Member

Yeah dont be tight and buy a new one !

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is there a trick or easy way to’ is closed to new replies.