Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Is there a trail/ride…
  • buck53

… in the UK that ends at the coast (or within rolling distance)? I’m not necessarily talking about being spat off a descent and on to the shore but something that gives a nice final couple of downhill-ish miles to a coast side town village?

Northwind

Golspie? Start up a damn big hill, ride almost uninterrupted downhill to the trailhead, then ride about 200 metres down the hill to the beach

lucien

South Downs to Eastbourne or drop off at any coastal town between Winchester and Eastbourne? Depends if you like wrinklies and a blue rinse?

dantsw13

Isle of wight?

Yetiman
    Free Member

The Torridon loop has a terrific descent down into Annat which is right on the edge of Loch Torridon.

buck53

Depends if you like wrinklies and a blue rinse?

It’s not exactly what I had in mind!

Thanks for the suggestions, amazingly they’re in the three corners of the country about as far from me as is possible.

Any ideas within half a day’s travel (train ideally) of Manchester/North West?

jam-bo

anywhere round porlock/minehead/lynmouth.

dantsw13

Why not look for a lakeside finish in the lakes/peaks – much closer to home!!

RustySpanner

Drum?

mrhoppy

Pont scethin final descent?

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Head out on the North Wales coast mainline Bangor/Holyhead bound but get off at Llanfairfechan Station – for an ascent of Drum. A quick scoot along the cycle track to Abergwyngregan and then cycle uphill for 2 hours. Get to the top of Drum, look at the view, sit in the cairn and then turn around. However at the cross roads halfway down by the pylons carry straight ahead rather than retrace your steps by going left, it’s signposted on a wooden 4 way marker post. It’s a better descent and takes you straight down to Llanfairfechan. Dependant on weather and fitness – 2hrs up 30mins down.

ceepers

theres a few on the north devon coast / edge of exmoor – lynmouth valley of the rocks and around porlock

Duggan

based purely on driving past to my inlaws, maybe Conwy in Wales? No idea but looks like a possibility

buck53

Looks like North Wales is the best bet, I had a feeling that might be the case, scheming on a plan for a two dayer with bivvy/camp so makes sense really. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Is there a trail/ride…’ is closed to new replies.