Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is there a small cheap 18650 cree torch that fits exposure joystick helmet mount
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Is there a small cheap 18650 cree torch that fits exposure joystick helmet mount?

Cheap and cheerful…

warpcow
    Free Member

Ultrafire C8. A little big, perhaps, but better than others I tried (don’t remember what they were called, unfortunately).

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

How good is the light from that torch vs a joystick?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pnik

I got onefrom deal extreme a couple of years back, ultrafire TR501 i think, so many variants though and changing all the time. They helpfully publish dimensions though, i trawled through looking for one with a 2.4cm diameter. I’ve now bought a diablo, but for the money you can’t beat the dx ones. Just buy 2 so you’ve a spare!

markshires
    Free Member

I use a wf-501b torch in mine fits perfectly, plenty bright enough. I also know that a convoy s2 or s3 firs too and is a bit smaller which is what I would go for next.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

I managed to buy an 18650 torch instead of one that took AAs. It’s this one
    and is yours for the postage if you want it.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a couple of the convoy torches markshires mentioned. Very impressed. Good light output, lightweight (some of the Chinese torches are very chunky) and you can turn off the stupid flashing modes so it cycles low/mid/high. Recommended

spot
    Free Member

anything available with aa batteries

prefer aa since i’ve got loads off rechargable ones lying around and like the fact that when randonneuring i can always get some extra aa’s along the way if needed

using a dinotte light at the moment but it’s slowly dying on me

or are 18650 really that much better and should i buy a few and a charger

nickjb
    Free Member

or are 18650 really that much better and should i buy a few and a charger

Yes they are. Its quite a step up in battery life. You can get AAA to 18650 adaptors so you could still buy emergency batteries if that was important but in reality you’d need to be a long way from a charger to need it.

nickjb
    Free Member

This is the convoy I bought and recommended above: http://www.dx.com/p/convoy-s2-860lm-2-group-3-5-mode-white-led-flashlight-w-cree-xm-l2-u2-1a-grey-1-x-18650-354653#.WEfjy_mLSHs A few days delivery from the EU store or a couple of weeks from China

jonnyboi
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is there a small cheap 18650 cree torch that fits exposure joystick helmet mount’ is closed to new replies.