Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Is there a scientific way to explain this?
  • palmer77
    Free Member

Let’s say that you have 14 pairs of pants, lets also say they are boxers. Now as a rule you change these daily, and have a wash day once a week. Given this criteria it would be reasonable to assume that on the wash day there would typically be 6 pairs needing washing, plus the pair that you are wearing. Now assuming that you tend to choosing your favourite pair in the morning when getting dressed, is it reasonable to assume that only a fixed number of pairs get worn and subsequently washed, and that the remaining pairs by default are the least popular?

slackalice
    Free Member

You possibly need to get out more 😐

scotroutes

You have favourite pants?

richmars

Depends on your storage scheme.
    Do you put clean pants at the back, like you do with food, or do you just stuff them into the front of the drawer?

tomhoward

Are the pants washed, dried and back in the drawer by the end of the day the washing process commenced?

RustyMac

And do yourself a favour, dress in the dark, the mystery of what boxers you have on will blow your mind.

palmer77
    Free Member

slackalice – Member
    You possibly need to get out more

It’s been puzzling me for a while 🙂

scotroutes – Member

Yeah, comfy ones, merino icebreaker in fact 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

You mean you don’t?

I’ve got a set of favourites, then a set of ‘they will do but they’re a bit tight; wearable at a push’ then the ‘only wear these if you’re not planning on leaving the house.

MSP

Favourite pants should be saved for special occasions like going out pulling or meeting the queen, or maybe a combination of those two.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Are we talking superman pants?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Depends if your OH does the washing – it’s entirely possibly for many, many wash days to take place before anything you own sees the inside of a drum.

slackalice
    Free Member

No. Boxers. Distinctly uncomfortable loose things.

I’m a pouch and thong man myself. Especially Lycra.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Favourite pants should be saved for special occasions like going out pulling or meeting the queen, or maybe a combination of those two.

😯 😀

Cougar

Moreover, if you have less favourite pants, throw them away.

The answer you seek, if I understand the question correctly, is stock rotation. You’re running a LIFO system, which is inherently problematic for wardrobe maintenance (and laundry detail).

Your bigger problem however is that you count your pants.

rOcKeTdOg

Luckily I fit in the GF’s pants so am never short of undies

Cougar

I fit in the GF’s pants

Some sort of blood-flow-constriction induced epilepsy would be my guess.

slowoldman

Surely the pair you wear on day 7 go in the wash on day pile on day 8 and get washed on day 14?

shermer75
    Free Member

I would say that the answer is yes, except that on wash day you’ll be cleaning 7 pairs- you didn’t include the pair you were wearing the previous wash day

palmer77
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member
    I would say that the answer is yes, except that on wash day you’ll be cleaning 7 pairs- you didn’t include the pair you were wearing the previous wash day

Interesting, although what about the remaining 6-7pairs in the draw. Will I ever use these, why did I buy them, what is the sub-conscious reasoning behind my choice of pants in the morning? Is it a process of natural selection?

edlong
    Free Member

Will I ever use these, why did I buy them, what is the sub-conscious reasoning behind my choice of pants in the morning? Is it a process of natural selection?

Those are some big questions there.

If you always choose the same pants, are you really making a choice?

palmer77
    Free Member

If you always choose the same pants, are you really making a choice?

Or did the pants chose me?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Luckily I fit in the GF’s pants so am never short of undies

I got into your GFs pants once as well.

Cougar

draw

Drawer. Don’t make me get the hammer.

downshep

I’m in my Monday pants on a Wednesday.

Life on the edge me….

scotroutes

Drawer. Don’t make me get the hammer.[/quote]Perhaps choosing the right pants is a bit of a lottery?

richmars

I think problem is your wash day interval. You need to introduce a random element into the period between washing. This will help even out the stock level distribution.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

You could number them and wear them in sequence.

*ducks and runs away*

palmer77
    Free Member

richmars – Member
    I think problem is your wash day interval. You need to introduce a random element into the period between washing. This will help even out the stock level distribution.
    POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I see you point, but how do you introduce a random element, surly that takes the randomness away?

palmer77
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    draw
    Drawer. Don’t make me get the hammer.
    POSTED 58 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Nailing the draw shut could be an option 🙂

richmars

I see you point, but how do you introduce a random element, surly that takes the randomness away?

Keep the pants in a black bag. Put a mark on one pair. When you pick that pair, it’s washing day.

endurogangster
    Free Member

What about the pants that get stolen by gnomes?

Moses

If you put a pair of pants into the washing machine, don’t you usually lose one and end up with a pant?

I calls them knickers, anyway.

piemonster

My current faves are my ‘Mooses of Norway’ boxers

Onzadog
    Free Member

The down side to stock rotation with pants is that if you wear them all evenly, then one day you can ake up with 14 pair of knackered pants and nothing to wear on date night.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Is there a scientific way to explain this?’ is closed to new replies.