Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is there a rear carrier designed for bikes with short chainstays that gets…..
  • kaiser
    Free Member

panniers well back out of the way of big feet?

clubber
    Free Member

LOL – I have the same problem with my son in his childseat – we clip feet.

The problem is that racks tend to be designed to load the weight in line with the back axle – move it too far back and the bike will wheelie if you're not on it…

MSP

Depends on how much you want to carry, but smaller panniers, ie front loaders, will give more foot clearance.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

topeak (tourist DX?) rack and ortleib panniers here.

The bags have sliding clips, slide them forewards and the bag sits further back relative to the rack. You can also adjust the angle of the clips to tip the bags foreward/back to get more clearance. I keep mine upright but slid back, havente ever weelied but makes handling a bit unusual so tent to lean forewards onto the drops more. Maybe I should experiment but I CBA as it works as it is!

Expensive but worth it. Got a full set, 2x 25ltr and 2x 20ltr and a set of low rider racks for £120 off here 🙂

CraigW
    Free Member

The Tubus Logo is very good for this. Because it has separate rails for the panniers, which are lower down and further back, so out of the way of your heels.
    Works nicely with Ortlieb panniers. Not cheap though.

Or the Tortec Expedition rack is a similar style, and cheaper.

kaiser
    Free Member

nice recommendations craig …
    I wonder if they'd be ok with disc brakes?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is there a rear carrier designed for bikes with short chainstays that gets…..’ is closed to new replies.