Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • is there a new ask binners column in the grauniad ?
  • Klunk
    Free Member
    binners

A Guardian guide to sausage rolls possessed so much possibility to send me into a potentially psychotic rage, but I could happily go along with that.

The only deviation from the ‘unadulterated’ sausage roll would be the Chorizo sausage rolls from Walmsleys Butchers in Rammy. Sounds wrong! Most definitely isn’t. Their normal sausage rolls are a thing of great beauty as well

thenorthwind

Have to say I agree with most of that. I will admit to being led astray by hipster/middle class/gastronomic meddling with many things others deem sacred: pies, cake, pizza, etc. but not sausage rolls. There is basically nothing you can do to it or have with it that doesn’t detract from it.

Klunk
    Free Member

hipster/middle class/gastronomic meddling

puff dogs it is.

joshvegas
    Free Member

binners – Member
    A Guardian guide to sausage rolls possessed so much possibility to send me into a potentially psychotic rage, but I could happily go along with that.

The only deviation from the ‘unadulterated’ sausage roll would be the Chorizo sausage rolls from Walmsleys Butchers in Rammy. Sounds wrong! Most definitely isn’t. Their normal sausage rolls are a thing of great beauty as well

Sir needs to get to the market in Peebles on a Saturday.

Goan goat Curry
    Kimchi
    Lamb harissa

So much deliciousness.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A cold sausage roll is dry, lumpen, largely flavourless; a taste of rain-lashed church fetes and grim funeral buffets. A warm sausage roll is its own self-contained world of outrageous sensory pleasure.

Can’t argue with that.

It is easier to deliver a warm sausage roll to a guest in your home, but stock-up on Tasers and riot batons. Without these, it is impossible to transfer an oven-fresh tray of warm sausage rolls across a packed kitchen without at least 63% of them being snaffled before they hit the table. Ravenous dogs have better manners than party guests presented with hot sausage rolls.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I owe Binners a great deal, Cheesy Chips and bauer Turbo Roller skates.
    He needs elevating to the status he deserves… 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘is there a new ask binners column in the grauniad ?’ is closed to new replies.