Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Is there a more rubbish bit of design than…
  • Harry_the_Spider

The plastic guide bit on a hole punch?

Why not make it out of something that DOESN’T **** BREAK?

Just a thought Mr Rexel if you are reading this.

Jamie
    Free Member

Those damn cleaners! Always pulling apart hole punches.

Harry_the_Spider

I know! The BASTIDS!

clubber
    Free Member

I'm sure that I'm not the only person not to have ever experienced this earth shattering problem…

MSP

WOW!!! I mean really WOW!!! how **** anal are you!

iDave
    Free Member

Is there a more rubbish bit of design job than…

one where you need to punch holes in paper…….

Stoner
    Free Member

too true Harry.

Ours broke on its second outing, 5 years ago, since then we have continued to use it, with a roll of paper jammed in the slot, cut to the right length 😉

I propose power adaptor plugs as being of poor design – its doesnt matter which way round they make them, eventually you will be unable to use it in a particular socket because the form factor is incompatible.

Harry_the_Spider

clubber – Member
    I'm sure that I'm not the only person not to have ever experienced this earth shattering problem…

So perhaps they should fix it.

Right. I'm off to find some super glue.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

lol

staple it back togeher?

spokebloke
    Free Member
    Surfr
    Free Member

Pedal Bins. I've yet to find one where the lid opening mechanism or hinge doesn't go south within a year.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

There IS a more rubbish design than that.

It's these:

derek_starship
    Free Member

tron
    Free Member

Pedal Bins. I've yet to find one where the lid opening mechanism or hinge doesn't go south within a year.

Brabantia.

Stoner
    Free Member

Brabantia +1

MSP

OK I was wrong, having a viewpoint on the quality of pedal bins produced by different manufacturers is more anal than putting a sign on a hole punch telling cleaners to leave it alone.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Where can one purchase that buttplug?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

The Hindenburg was a good design but the Germans were denied access to large supplies of Helium so had to use Hydrogen instead.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Where can one purchase that buttplug?

😆 😆

Pook

why do the cleaners keep pulling it apart? Are they empyting it for you? Why do you want to save your punched holes?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Derek, don't really see what's rubbish about those?

Flawed yes, but rubbish nah!

Harry_the_Spider

The label on the hole puncher dates back a few years to a particularly overzealous cleaner who would pull things apart in the line of duty. Nothing was safe. Phones, monitors, keyboards, mice and hole punches. However, the aforementioned crapness of the design of the hole punch meant that they would last about a week before they were cleaned to death.

iDave
    Free Member

cleaners in my office don't get near enough anything in the office to clean it, let alone break it

derek_starship
    Free Member

However, the aforementioned crapness of the design of the hole punch meant that they would last about a week before they were cleaned to death.

HtS doesn't wash his hands after pissing so the cleaners fumigate his office stuff and the punch bought it.

The windows of the De Havilland Comet were a bad design

Harry_the_Spider

There is a new and happier regime now. No longer is the phone rendered inoperable because the keypad is full of Pledge.

freddyg
    Free Member

Are you sure it's the cleaners?

Maybe Mr P!ssyfingers the pot-clinger has been using it as some sort of mid-piddle-balance-enhancement-unit?

phil.w
    Free Member

HtS, this is what you need…(metal guide)

brakes
    Free Member

our cleaners have incredible abilities
    they can clean stuff just by tutting at it and waving their magic duster in the air
    PSA: those holes that you punch out of paper are called chads

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Tsk tsk…

Thats a two hole punch if I'm not mistaken and that's a 4 ring binder you have in the background. You punchy twice? 😉

Word of advice – ditch that pile of shit and get a DECENT punch with a metal guide. If punching is so vitally important then take the guide out at night and lock it in your pedestal

molgrips
    Free Member

The Hindenburg didn't explode because it was full of Hydrogen, it exploded because it was painted with rocket fuel.

And Brabantia are piss takers. Their bins are like £100 for not even pedal operated ones. You're 'avin a laugh!

They're along the same lines as Dualit, where they charge tons of money for an ordinary product that middle class people oo and ah over saying 'oooh, look at the quality!' when it doesn't do anything at all different to a normal one.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Broken hole punch?

Wait till you've seen what they've done to your stapler!

😆

Stoner
    Free Member

In my experience molgrips:

3 pedal bins, first two died in less than 18 months, brabantia has been going strong for 5 years.

four-slice toasters – gone through 3 at £40 a go in the last 10 years. So hacked off now with the waste that Ive finally stumped up for a dualit which Im hoping will last 20 years.

coming from John lewis. That makes me super-middle-class I'll have you know 😉

TooTall
    Free Member

PSA: those holes that you punch out of paper are called chads

as opposed to the hole strengthener stickers you can get – which are called 'teddy-bear's aerseholes'.

Every day is a school day on STW.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

This is the first time I've ever seen a broken guide on a hole punch.

Must be the user.

Pook

Can we have a badger style mega photo thread of HtS breaking said hole punch?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Womens breasts?

They should be on their backs!

Less eye contact problems.
    It would make cuddling less boring.
    You could play with them like an old arcade style joy stick when you're bashing her bac…..

Cougar

How in $diety's name do you break that whilst punching a few sheets of paper? Do you have particularly hard paper round your way? I know, did it punch back?

Cougar

Yeti – turn her over. HTH.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Cougar

Shouldn't that point towards the foot?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Is there a more rubbish bit of design than…’ is closed to new replies.