Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Is there a more coma-inducing band than Elbow?
  • sirromj

Take a walk take a rest, taste the rest.

DezB
    Free Member

I”ve been scared away from this thread by a folk fan talking shite.

funkmasterp

I”ve been scared away from this thread by a folk fan talking shite.

Isn’t that what folk fans are supposed to do?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

“One man’s coma is another man’s big night out.” – Armand van helden

I’ve never really listened to much elbow, radiohead or cold play as they sound boring.
    Limp bizkit OTOH, rollin urban assault vehicle. What a tune

bodgy
    Free Member

@DezB – Yeah, fairy nuff. My mistake.

Martin. Garvey. Who gives a shite?

They both endlessly repeat a load of verbiage.

porlus
    Free Member

Was really into the band Cathedral years ago. Had a few albums, but for some reason never got round to getting the first one.
    Got a copy and gave it a listen……………..my god how slow. This was doom metal on another level. I know the singer had left Napalm Death for this band, but this was one extreme to the other haha. Only played it once and went back to there other more uptempo stuff.

Gunz
    Free Member

Lighthouse Family.

ricardo666
    Free Member

Coldplay
    Radiohead
    Oasis

Let have some Motorhead, shove everything else in a cupboard under the stairs and forget about it.

Pyro

Away back to the middle of the road with you, then 😉

Yup. And that we don’t all get snotty about other people not listening to us…

senorj

I’m not offended at all by Elbow. Not my faves by a looooong way.
    G.G.’s six music show last Sunday was a cracker though. Far from boring.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Cathedral

…..my god how slow. This was doom metal on another level

Then my ears must need recalibrating 8)

Current situation:

Downtempo:
    [video]https://youtu.be/MdWAl7vormM[/video]

Jolly:
    [video]https://youtu.be/t4zTvdN_38Y[/video]

porlus
    Free Member

Hahaha ok then, will give you that. That Sunn tune is pretty lethargic.
    Actually just had a quick listen to the Cathedral Album again (Forest of Equilibrium) and its not as slow as I thought. Mind you, back then I was more into bands like Carcass etc.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Elbow’s new album out today 🙂

Stevet1
    Free Member

Actually just had a quick listen to the Cathedral Album again (Forest of Equilibrium) and its not as slow as I thought. Mind you, back then I was more into bands like Carcass etc.

Are you from Liverpool by any chance? Saw both bands numerous times at the flying pickett and the Royal court in Liverpool in the nineties, along with Cancer, Anathema and Cradle of filth they seemded a mainstay of Liverpool Death/doom metal.

Coyote
    Free Member

Listened to Elbow on R2 this morning. They did quite a passable version of “Wonderful World”.

egb81
    Free Member

Father John Misty on 6Music currently trying to out-dreary all of the above suggestions. Blimey it’s so dull.

porlus
    Free Member

Are you from Liverpool by any chance? Saw both bands numerous times at the flying pickett and the Royal court in Liverpool in the nineties, along with Cancer, Anathema and Cradle of filth they seemded a mainstay of Liverpool Death/doom metal

Nope, from York actually.
    Although did go to the Royal Court once to see Sepultura back in the good old days of Max on vocals. If memory serves me right, supported by Paradise Lost and Strife ??.
    Seen a load of bands over the years, but never managed to see Cathedral yet.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Is there a more coma-inducing band than Elbow?’ is closed to new replies.