Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Is there a medical name for being so indecisive….
  • Kryton57

…. that on a regular basis I really am in a spin wondering what to do? Because if there is, I think I’ve got it. I can’t make my mind up/be satisfied of a decision over the simplest things to the point I’m fed up with myself.

:-/

Oh and the cure?

matt_outandabout

I am not sure what to say in reply.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Get a coin or a dice, live byvthe rusults of the coin toss, or number thrown.

scotroutes

Do what everyone else does and ask STW to make your mind up for you.

teasel
    Free Member

Is there a medical name for being so indecisive….

Yessum – Ms. Teasel

rudebwoy
    Free Member

yeah – Liberalitis

maccruiskeen

Not a medical term as such, but I’ve heard the term ‘Options Paralysis’ used on occasion.

tomhoward

Yes.

Indecisive.

Hth

argoose
    Free Member

Yes there is ..or maybe not

scotroutes

Paralysis by Analysis is what we called it at work.

Kryton57

scotroutes – Member
    maccruiskeen » Not a medical term as such, but I’ve heard the term ‘Options Paralysis’ used on occasion.
    Paralysis by Analysis is what we called it at work.

This makes sense. All I’m doing is trying to decide which of three riding options I should take tomorrow. I have reasons for & against for each and therefore….

Nobby

FFS Syndrome?

Bregante

Oh and the cure?

MTFU?

loum
    Free Member

Aboulomania is a mental disorder is which the patient suffers from mental derangement by weakened willpower or pathological indecisiveness. Aboulo is a Greek term meaning irresolution or indecision.

scotroutes

So – any of them will be fine but might not be 100% perfect.

Is anything? 😆

project
    Free Member

= woman

trail_rat
    Free Member

Eejit ?

whitegoodman
    Free Member

Yes it’s called being a libra.

And married to me.

Northwind

I got totally knocked out with work related stress last year, and that was one of the symptoms- one highlight was literally sitting in front of the TV for hours because I couldn’t decide whether to eat lunch first, or go to the shops. By the time I managed to do either, I could have done both. Other times I got so freaked out trying to decide what to do that I just thought, not worth it, I’ll do nothing. But it was only ever discussed as a symptom so I don’t know what the actual name is. “Pure stressed as ****, ken, bein a useless miserable ****” is I think what it said on the sick line.

Kryton57

whitegoodman – Member

I’m piscean…..

scotroutes

and its only just gone 9 o’clock! 🙄

Kryton57

Northwind that’s interesting. Mainly becuase option 4 which I’m close to taking is to lounge on the sofa and watch the F1. However, I’ve found a reason not to do that as well…

singlespeedstu

I thought there was a name for it but now i’m not so sure.

maccruiskeen

I’m piscean…..

Not so much a medical term, more para-normal levels of indecision

Hora-scopes

samuri
    Free Member

What was that book where the chap made all his decisions at the throw of a dice?

And why am I associating it with Phil Collins?

mightymule
    Free Member

How long did you take to decide whether or not to to ask the question?

😀

samuri
    Free Member

Goit it. Luke Rhinehart – The Dice man. That’s going on the kindle.
    Not sure where Phil Collins comes into it.

mightymule
    Free Member

What was that book where the chap made all his decisions at the throw of a dice?

The Diceman by Luke Reinhart

mightymule
    Free Member

Dammit

samuri
    Free Member

You could still give the Phil Collins question a shot 😉

brack
    Free Member

LMF?

Kryton57

mightymule – Member
    How long did you take to decide whether or not to to ask the question?

About two hours. Yes really…

mightymule
    Free Member

You could still give the Phil Collins question a shot

That’s easy. It’s because you are very odd.

chilled76
    Free Member

I had this earlier…. it was terrible….I ended up having salt and vinegar and cheese and onion crisps. If in doubt do both 🙂

bwaarp
    Free Member

I got totally knocked out with work related stress last year, and that was one of the symptoms- one highlight was literally sitting in front of the TV for hours because I couldn’t decide whether to eat lunch first, or go to the shops. By the time I managed to do either, I could have done both. Other times I got so freaked out trying to decide what to do that I just thought, not worth it, I’ll do nothing. But it was only ever discussed as a symptom so I don’t know what the actual name is. “Pure stressed as ****, ken, bein a useless miserable ****” is I think what it said on the sick line.

Sounds like GAD, sorry to hear you went through that Northwind. Hope things are better now.

Cougar

BobaFatt
    Free Member

…. that on a regular basis I really am in a spin wondering what to do? Because if there is, I think I’ve got it. I can’t make my mind up/be satisfied of a decision over the simplest things to the point I’m fed up with myself.

In all seriousness, it can be a symptom of OCD

Northwind

bwaarp – Member

Sounds like GAD, sorry to hear you went through that Northwind. Hope things are better now.

I dealt with the situation by going and doing a different job where my boss isn’t a cock-juggling thunder****. Cheers! Not 100% over it if I’m honest but it’s dealt with anyway.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I’ve had problems in the past similar to GAD, I know what it’s like to be constantly worrying about things.

Good to hear you’re better. The best thing I ever did for myself was to close my eyes, think of a time and place when I’m really relaxed (when I’m laying prone with a rifle at a range)…I’d go through the same process of taking a shot in my mind and would control my breathing as I would with my shooting and at the same time I would touch my trousers with my hands….focusing on the texture.

I did this enough until I could get my heart rate down simply by touching the sides of my trousers, it reduces my nerves massively and helps me to keep a cool head. I still do it sometimes at the top of downhill runs or during exams.

It’s a psychological grounding technique, google is your friend – it set off my interest in biology and medicine.

whitegoodman
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member
    whitegoodman – Member
    I’m piscean…..

Would you like mine then?

Oh and I can chuck in a daag, he’s pretty decisive, hates everyone.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Is there a medical name for being so indecisive….’ is closed to new replies.