Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Is there a market for Spanish cars in UK?
  • Mackem

..do webuyanycar.com etc really buy any car?

Anyone want a Spanish Opel Meriva?

ads678

They’ll buy it. Whether you get the price you want is another question.

parkesie
    Free Member

Some people buy them but youl either have to price it low or wait an age for a buyer.

Mackem

Not really fussed about the price.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

if the price is right….

seavers
    Free Member

They probably would buy it but I wouldn’t expect a good deal. If you are not fussed about the price go for it. There are other similar car buying companies if you feel like shopping around.

I found thier offer really low when I was selling. I put the car on auto trader a few hundred lower than similar ones and sold it in 4 days. Still a much better deal than WBAC.

Mackem

Once I’m back in the UK I’ll just be looking to get rid of it . It’s not worth much anyway (good runner, one careful owner, 2 reckless ones).

konabunny
    Free Member

…tell me more….

Mackem

Opel Meriva 13,CDTi – Diesel, 2006, serviced every 6 months. Got about 200K km on the clock (probably less, need to check). Never skipped a beat. I’ll be returning back to UK mid-July.

Mackem

jerseychaz

There’s a few firms who deal in LHD motors – worth a google!

molgrips
    Free Member

200K km

You mean 200 megameters.

konabunny
    Free Member

ahh, too late for me unforch…

nealglover
    Free Member

Depends on the price, there is a buyer for every car. But if you want to sell it quick the price will need to be right.

njee20
    Free Member

You mean 200 megameters.

😆

0.2 Gigametres? Sounds far better.

DrJ

Wouldn’t it be easier to sell it there, before you come back?

Mackem

Need it to transport bikes and everything else I own.

paulx
    Free Member

I’m still driving my LHD motor I bough back from Spain in 2007. Being LHD has never been a hassle in the UK and it was easy to register at the DVLA. I think you have to deregister it at your local Traffico in Spain though.

Otherwise try sites like mobile.de to sell it – or just Ebay it but you’ll need someone with the right Spanish paperwork – NIE number etc to sell it to if it’s still on Spanish plates.

Personally I’d stick it on UK plates and see how you get on with it. If you find it a hassle I reckon there’d be a good market for the Eastern Euro folks living in the UK or people wanting to take it to France where s/hand cars cost much more than in the UK.

You will need the EU cert of conformity to register it in the UK. An Opel dealer should be able to get this for you if you don’t have it.

wicki
    Free Member

Hi Iam interested if the price is right.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Need it to transport bikes and everything else I own.

Might be worth advertising on any Spanish forums you can find to see if there is someone interested in making the trip in reverse.

You may have registration issues, or the new buyer might, as it will be on Spanish plates. Would be worth checking that out.

bob_summers

I’m almost tempted to buy it off you to drive back down here from Cumbria in August – still got various tat at my Dad’s he wants me to reclaim. Did similar three years back with a donated UK car but it was too much hassle to register here so it got scrapped.

hora
    Free Member

Tbh if theres nothing wrong with it, keep it. I happily drive in Europe in my rhd, is it harder reversed?

NJA

I might be interested at the right price.

konabunny
    Free Member

I happily drive in Europe in my rhd, is it harder reversed?

Well, you’d be looking in your rear view mirror most of the time, for a start.

Mackem

No problems with the actual driving, just assumed it would be a pain/costly when it comes to registration and insurance.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Mackem

Send me the details please on my email in my profile !.

Potdog
    Free Member

I may be interested too. Depends on price. Should be heading back over the water at the end of August. Drop me an email address in my profile. Cheers.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Is there a market for Spanish cars in UK?’ is closed to new replies.