Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Is there a market for high end 2nd hand 26ers anymore?
  • Kryton57

(Hopefully this satisfies the management)

Discuss the potential of at least getting half your money back…

qwerty
    Free Member

Hmmmm, such an Enigma…..

Kryton57

That one is staying right where it is….

sweaman2
    Free Member

Yes but the prices are inevitably going to be lower than previous. Half money back is optimistic I’m afraid. Even for things like Yeti’s…..

Kryton57

I couldn’t comment on that.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Don’t care, I don’t intend to get shot of mine. 😆

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’ve sold a second hand Santa Cruz 26″ recently, was well looked after, and depreciation wise went for good money. I think theres still a huge market out there.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Probably not on here.

Jamie
    Free Member

We still surrounded by balls?

Rockplough
    Free Member

I got some decent money – more than I expected – back in the last few months for my 2009 Wolf Ridge. Not quite half but the frame/forks were 5 years old. Had to split it mind.

wiggles
    Free Member

I know someone who can’t sell a top spec and hardly used sb66 (Ali) for £2500… But others are selling OK just need to the right person.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

NOS Cannondale Carbon Trigger 2 (2013) with lefty and Fox DYAD shock is £1700 new at Paul’s cycle. Top of the range 1 model with xtr everything and Reynolds carbon wheels and hubs is £2600.

Why buy used?

Northwind

Seems like lightweight/racy stuff is dropping like a stone but bigger bikes are still more in demand, probably quite a lot of reasons for that but it does make my 2 sets of lovely lightweight 26 inch wheels a bit of a fail…

fibre
    Free Member

I think it’s getting harder, despite all the pro 26″ wheel talk on most forums. I think the majority who are sticking with 26″ have the bikes they want and the newer alternatives now have larger wheels. People buying brand new bikes are going for bigger wheels.

tonyd

Hopefully not, I’d love to replace my Alu ASR-5 with an ASR-5c

Speeder

wiggles – Member
    I know someone who can’t sell a top spec and hardly used sb66 (Ali) for £2500… But others are selling OK just need to the right person.

that’s strong money for a 2nd hand Yeti even if it’s not broken (yet)

Kryton57

I think it’s getting harder, despite all the pro 26″ wheel talk on most forums.

Really? Where?

bland

Yeah its not the wheel size ghats stopping the yeti sale, its the fact it will break and not have a warranty!

mboy
    Free Member

Trying to sell a superb condition Rockshox Reba Team 26″ fork right now, the all singing all dancing Blackbox Damper version with 120mm of travel and a 20mm axle. The steerer is even reasonably long at 195mm too, and I’m offering a load of free 26″ tyres to anyone that wants it too!

Still no takers… 😕

crouchingpig
    Free Member

What would people say is the right money for a good condition less than 6 month old SB66 (alloy), Fox 34 Kashima’s, XT 1 x 10 groupset, Reverb.

Would I be mental to try and get £2300?

jontykint
    Free Member

I reckon I could get more than half back for my 26″ rocket if I ever went crazy and wanted to sell it

br
    Free Member

My 456Ti frame was £800 new, so reckon there’d be no problem getting £400 for it – so less than £80 depreciation per year.

Don’t see the point in selling components, as they’re ‘consumables’.

For you folk that spent upwards of +£2k on framesets I reckon you’ll struggle for only 50% loss – a bit like big cars. Folk that buy new can afford to buy new and want the latest etc, plus they don’t buy s/h; those that buy s/h are more price-conscious.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I reckon I could get more than half back for my 26″ rocket if I ever went crazy and wanted to sell it

You probably would too. Some stuff will find a good market regardless of current trends, reckon a Cotic Rocket would go pretty quickly. Some Ti frames probably too.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

@mboy what price?

My 26″ Pikes sold in half a day, had over 8 enquiries 😯

soobalias
    Free Member

straight steerer, 120 travel

however the missus is still using qr hubs, so you would need to drop a chunk from 180+tyres before im interested mboy.

shame, reasonable, straight steerer, 26″ forks are getting hard to find.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Is there a market for high end 2nd hand 26ers anymore?’ is closed to new replies.