Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is there a front fender/mudguard for a Niner carbon fork?
  • RoterStern
    Free Member

As the title really. The new bike is just about finished to replace my broken On One Inbred 29er SS. I decided on a Niner Sir9 with matching carbon fork. In the winter I put fenders on front and back but seeing as the Niner fork has no hole under the fork bridge I can’t fit the fenders I have. Does anyone know of a fender that will fit or has a cunning bodge? I know I can fit a Crud catcher type affair on the down tube but prefer a fender that turns with the wheel.

honourablegeorge

Enduroguard/Marsh guard/mucky nutz should work with some creative cable tying

RoterStern
    Free Member

I had thought of an Enduroguard but don’t they rely on using the under side of the fork brace for support to keep their shape. The problem with a Niner fork is the underside of the bridge is a triangular shape rather than a curve.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Anyone else before the thread vanishes off into obscurity? 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes me.

Please don’t do it. It’ll look shite.

😆

zippykona

I know a fatty fork is wider , I took an old rear 26 crud guard ,heated it up and moulded it to my tyre then cable tied to forks.
    It works great and even bike bouy will agree it looks fantastic.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Too Late for that bikebouy I’m afraid. I’ve already got a big ugly Mudhugger to go on the back! 😈

rOcKeTdOg

Mudhugger will fit if mounted direct to the legs, got an fr on the singular & a fat version on my fatty. Just remember to protect the paint with the supplied film

rsvktm

Mucky nutz works fine, is a bit more angular than rounded but I don’t pull it right to the top as there is plenty of clearance anyway. Been using one for a few years now with no issues.

oink1
    Free Member

Got a spare (bought in error – its for a rigid fork) Mucky Nutz Fat Face fender XL if you’re interested – £10 posted. E-mail in profile 🙂

RoterStern
    Free Member

Got a spare (bought in error – its for a rigid fork) Mucky Nutz Fat Face fender XL if you’re interested – £10 posted. E-mail in profile

Is that only for a fat bike or will it fit a regular 29er?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is there a front fender/mudguard for a Niner carbon fork?’ is closed to new replies.