• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • is there a dentist in the house?
  • greenman
    Free Member

Had a dodgy tooth for a while, it keeps getting infected.
    Been advised to have a root canal or have the tooth out.
    A friend has said root canals are not worth it but he’s a plumber.

What’s the general advice /opinion?

tomhoward

Had the same issue, whipped it out. It was at the back so haven’t replaced it with anything. I don’t miss it.

iolo
    Free Member

Been advised to have a root canal or have the tooth out.

Was that by a dentist?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    greenman
    Free Member

Yes it was the dentist that recommended the root canal while stood next to the photos of his families expensive holidays.

Drac

What’s the general advice /opinion?

Would you ask a dentist advice on plumbing?

greenman
    Free Member

I didn’t ask the plumber he handed it out for free.

Drac

Ah in that case do what the plumber says.

greenman
    Free Member

As the dentist offered 2 options I was looking to see what people had experienced.

shaunthesheep
    Free Member

Had a rear tooth whipped out on Wednesday after mulling over the Root filling option – was for sure the quickest option. No real pain from it so far (touch wood)

h1jjy
    Free Member

If looks bother you or one of the front teeth then root canal
    If its a back on, get it out.

Had both.
    Taking one out takes a few minutes and not that painful

root canal takes ages and even when off your face on drugs you can still feel it

Squidlord
    Free Member

Find another plumber and get a second opinion?

andy4d

^^^^^^^^^ 😀

jate
    Free Member

Had a root canal a few years ago. I think I must have had a particularly good dentist (tbh she always seemed to know what she was doing) as it didn’t cause me any pain and the tooth has been fine ever since.

cchris2lou

had same choice to do a few weeks ago and had the tooth out .

madeupname
    Free Member

Looking forward to making you all dentures in a few years time!

Gotta fund the rapha/sky kit and Pinarello somehow….

ontor
    Free Member

no issues with 2 root canals. (one for shattered tooth – top tip, don’t fall off)

seosamh77
    Free Member

I got root treatment on a few teeth about 10 years ago, still going strong.

docrobster
    Free Member

Had an nhs root canal on a front tooth couple years ago. Whole time he was doing it the dentist was explaining how if I’d gone private he’d be able to use his higher magnification specs and do a better job etc. same as the crown he did at the same time which would have looked so much better if only if stump up £800 or whatever it was.
    Both have been perfectly fine.
    Seems the whole world is trying to up-sell nowadays.
    If it was a back one I’d have it out I think.

CHB

I had a root canal done on a rear molar this very week, on monday. Second to last molar on the bottom. Had rearmost molar removed in 2010 and this second tooth had suffered from an exposed root ever since.
    It took 1 hour 40 for the treatment and cost nearly £500, but 4 days in its been pain free and is good so far.
    My logic is that you only have one set of teeth, so keep them as long as you can.
    If only Wham bars had not been sold in the 1980’s and dentists paid per filling.

acehtn
    Free Member

5 caps and canal jobs.

Last one i opted for a goldie as it was only several quid more than a white one, think that was around £80 all in.

Maybe twenty years ago or longer, it was costly at the time 🙂 no dramas since, only thing thats stays with me was the nerve removal, i remember joking about the movie Marathon Man with my dentist….. anyway once the nerve was “removed” from the root, didn’t feel a thing after that.

Wham bars and quality street toffes, proper filling rippers 🙂

Haze

Had a root and crown done on the NHS almost 12 months ago, not a long time but it’s been perfect so far. Tooth was way past its best so went to get it sorted before spending the summer with dental pain.

Decided not to have it extracted as I’d already lost the one next to it.

Procedure was pretty straight forward and never once felt any pain, hardest part was trying to bite down on the mould long enough without gagging.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘is there a dentist in the house?’ is closed to new replies.