• This topic has 30 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Is there a cycle specific hi viz commuting gilet available ?
  • brack
    Free Member

Ive been given a load of black Endura clothing..which is great..but I do feel a tad obscure on the road and wondered is there anyway of making myself more visible at night…ie a cycle specific gilet and not one of the baggy ex surplus/workman type ones.

I obviously use lights on the bike.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Morvelo do a nice one.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Rapha?

ralexd
    Free Member
    BadlyWiredDog

Mavic.

farm-boy
    rOcKeTdOg

Following your theme endura

Vortexracing

I have the Endura Laser, in a small, only worn twice for sale if it helps

£15 posted?

igm

Altura Nightvision Evo

benpinnick

The Endura laser is good.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

The proviz stuff looks pretty impressive. Haven’t got it myself but on the night time pictures I’ve seen it stands out like a sore thumb:
    http://www.provizsports.com/en_gb/catalog/product/view/id/964/s/reflect360-gilet-reflective-gilet/category/35/
    Heres a review of their jacket :
    http://road.cc/content/review/137125-proviz-reflect-360-jacket

wilburt
    Free Member

I have a funkier Gilet with an orange back, it’s a nice transparent material elswhere with loads of reflective piping. Tbh I don’t like the hi viz bit and wish it was just transparent but that’s a pesonal preference its a decent bit of kist for 30/40 quid.

andyfla
    Free Member

You really need a NoxGear Tracer 360 bloody awesome bit of kit – I looked at buying in the uk but horribly expensive so bought in the US

Rode for 3 hours the other day in the dark and didnt have a single “jesus” moment as people stopped and actually took their time to go past me – really impressed

DT78
    Free Member

Like my north wave.

back2basics
    Free Member

proviz as said above

there was a Nike one on sportshoes.com thats super reflective material, not cycle specific though,

also i thought mavic did an orange 3m stripe gillet version of their hi viz jacket

alwillis

Assos do one which is alright- pretty snug fit so non flappy.

MoreCashThanDash

Decathlon do a decent one. Altura Night Vision in a bright colour for daytime.

IA

Montane featherlite gilet comes in high vis, cracking bit of kit.

igm

I love the look of that proviz for full on darkness or even dusk, but I’m not so sure it works for murky winter afternoons when everything (like the jacket) is a little grey.

It’s a pity they can’t use fluorescent orange as a base colour – fluorescent to reflective would be spectacular.

Still interesting though

xherbivorex
    Free Member

my first thought was the morvelo one, but i do like their stuff a lot anyway. it’s quite pricey, but looks and sounds like it would be ace.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Another vote for the Morvelo ones here. I love my Project Grey gilet

http://www.morvelo.com/cycling-gilets

Lummox

Hump do one and so do DHB different colours so stand out a bit more, i have the hump gilet in orange

Hump Gilet

DHB Gilet

cupra
    Free Member

Proviz is great for night time but not for dull and cloudy days.

bobfleming

I got a nice Craft one a few years back if they still do it.

Good value too.

stabilizers

If you want something to put over your nice black endura jacket then just get something like and Altura hi viz vest ie the cheap £15 ones and get it taken in. My mother in-law did mine. Great fit. Took her 15mins.
    If you want to spend money then there’s a number of options out there

TiRed

Another vote for the Polaris RBS here. Cheap, well-fitting, very light. Nothing to say against it.

I use lights instead, personally.

thomthumb
    Free Member
    tang
    Free Member

I’ve got that craft one from prendas, does the job!

flap_jack
    Free Member

I use lights instead, personally.

Why not as well as ? Can you be too visible ?

TiRed

I tend to commute outside of peak suicide run times. It’s a nice piece of kit, but superfluous. My rucksack has an integral dayglo cover too.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Is there a cycle specific hi viz commuting gilet available ?’ is closed to new replies.