Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is there a cheaper alternative to an endura stealth?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Mine is dead 🙁 About as waterproof as a pack of handy andies!

Jamie
    Free Member

Cue “what waterproof?”, “what bar tape?” and “what glove?” threads?

Heh.

Alex

Odd. Mine’s been ace through all sorts of biblical rain. Might be worth giving Endura a shout see if they can offer any ideas to why? Problem I had with mine is it’s just too damn warm to ride in unless it’s zero or below.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes but its very wet and cold and you have to go home early 😉

Seriously tops or trousers?

LeeW

How old is it Rob? I’ve sent back two pairs of Stealth biblongs and got a full refund both times, the second pair were over a year old.
    Endura don’t have a fixed warranty period apparently – it’s worth an email.

crazy-legs

Problem I had with mine is it’s just too damn warm to ride in unless it’s zero or below.

Use the underarm and side vents. Wear just a base layer underneath it. I’ve used mine up to 10-12 degrees and it’s still OK.

In answer to the OP have you washed in bio liquid? That tends to wreck the waterproofing. Try a wash in Nikwax Tech Wash then give it a wash in the Softshell Reproofer.
    http://www.nikwax.co.uk/en-gb/products/productdetail.php?productid=56

Might just work, it’s worth a try before sending it back to Endura. Who won’t be there until New Year anyway.

tracknicko
    Free Member

Bit of a punt but if you are medium and want one thats two (road) rides old. Id sell mine. Bought from Rutland sale the other day on a whim. Wasn’t really what I’m after. Ideally I’d like back what I paid for it. But mail me. Still have tags etc. only bought it the other day.

rickon
    Free Member

Mavic Cyclone from Ribble cycles, better than half price for £52, lovely bit of kit.

br
    Free Member

The taped-seams went on mine after three years of abuse. I asked my LBS if they’d pass to the Endura Rep when he was next in to see if it could be repaired.

Next thing, call to say they’ve replaced it. 🙂

Real good service, as they didn’t have to.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Three years old

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is there a cheaper alternative to an endura stealth?’ is closed to new replies.