Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Is there a camelbak or similar that can hold a full face helmet?
  • boxbuster
    Free Member

Decided that riding uphill at the unenthusiastic pace I tend to do it at isn’t really worth wearing an xc helmet (I jog faster uphill than I cycle!!), so I’m after something to keep a full face in to wear just on the downs, anyone have any recommendations?

boxbuster
    Free Member

Exactly what I’m after, thanks very much!!

justatheory
    Free Member

Osprey Raptor bags have a lid lock but not sure if it’d work on a full face helmet.

grum
    Free Member

Dakine Nomad will as well

_tom_
    Free Member

Nomad carries it quite well.

scruff
    Free Member

I have a Consigliere, its just some velcro to strap your helmet on with, nothing more. Dakine do some proper ones.

kayak23

Dakine Nomad will as well

Got a Nomad, great pack…

boxbuster
    Free Member

Thanks for replys, I’ll check the nomad out as well before I order anything. Just starting to rain where I am which means there’ll be no dog walkers up at my local woods so me and my two are off to play!! 😀

mr_mills
    Free Member

I’ve got a Dakine Drafter. Smaller than a Nomad but can still carry a full face helmet and has the straps on the bottom for carrying pads too.

thomsonru84

Not personally seen one in the flesh, but have other Deuter packs and they are very good, check out the Deuter Compact. Shows in one of the pics carrying a set of pads and full face helmet with a reasonable looking retention system. http://www.deutergb.co.uk/products/all/bike/all_bike/deuter_compact_exp12_/428/

derekrides
    Free Member

+1 For Dakine Nomad..

woody2000

Osprey Zealot has been designed with full facers in mind apparently

Linky

br
    Free Member

You can carry a FF on most Camelbak’s tbh, I’ve strapped on my kids’ FF’s many times on long uphills on my Mule.

rocketman
    Free Member

As above there’s no need for a special rucksack a couple of webbing straps is all you need or you can use a mesh bag with hooks from a motorbike shop.

alpin
    Free Member

my Camelbak Hawg NV carries a full-face with ease, but leaves little room for pads unless you stuff them inside the bag, leaving less space to carry other stuff….

i bought an Evoc FR Trail a couple of weeks back. yet to be used on a proper ride, but the living room test shows that it easily carries both full-face and pads with ease (and externally leaving 20ltrs storeage space)
    http://www.evocsports.com/de/bike

boxbuster
    Free Member

Thanks for further replys, I already own a camelbak classic but I prefer riding in the rain and if I was to hang it on the back of that it’s gonna be moving about a lot and possibly wet/muddy on the inside by the time i put it on. Having broken my dslr and damaged my knee when a previous backpack slid off to the side before smacking a tree and taking me off my bike, I want something more secure/designed for purpose, plus the classic doesn’t have any pockets!! Pads aren’t an issue as I don’t wear/own any.

unklehomered
    Free Member

+1 Dakine – specifically the nomad.

kayak23

Heavens knows what’ll happen if you fall off riding uphill without a helmet on…Oh the terror!…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Is there a camelbak or similar that can hold a full face helmet?’ is closed to new replies.