Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • is there a bike brand that no-one hates?
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

BTR Fabrications everyone luvs em ……………no one hates can afford their bikes

YT Industries. Well priced, well built, good spec, quirky, fun.

deadkenny
    Free Member

grenosteve – Member
    Oh, as we’re talking bike brands, does that include component manufacturers too?? If so, HOPE!

What’s that annoying buzzing? Bloody Hope hubs 😈

😉

irelanst
    Free Member

Moots? OK they are not the most exciting bikes out there but they look lovely and the only negatives you ever hear are the price.

What’s that annoying buzzing?

It’s a design feature, my dog knows to speed up when she hears the racket, it properly confuses her if I use Shimano hubs.

Paceman
    Free Member

Surly
    Cotic
    Singular
    Charge
    Salsa
    Jones

All generally appreciated in my experience. Small companies doing what they do well with little fuss. What’s not to like.

egb81
    Free Member

Anyone mentioned Ibis? The only reason I hate them is because I will likely never be able to afford one.

jameso

Giant for pinching the DW link, although I think they will have to pay now DW have started legal action,

Or, DW for getting US patents on previously-used stuff that doesn’t stand up to ‘patentable’ scrutiny anywhere but in the US..

(I don’t hate DW at all btw. But I do dislike how suspension engineering can involve reading patents more than actually designing a bike. But you play with the rules you’re given, so be it.)

Tazzy – Jones? haha. The same Jones-haters pop up on 90% of Jones threads on here. So there’s at least 3 or 4 who don’t like them.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ll second the likes of Banshee and Knolly.

I think in reality most brands will have their detractors – Banshee certainly used to with their use of bushes that killed frames.

I like Spesh – their attitude stinks at times but they make some cracking bikes and are often market leaders (e.g. the 05 Enduro). Their love of silly shock mounts / sizes does suck though.

This thread has made me realise that there are few brands that I feel strongly anti but plenty of others that are just ‘meh’ (Scott, Giant, Marin, Whyte, Merida etc).

mattjg
    Free Member

Canfield, Cotic, Kinesis, Kona, Singular, Dialled, Salsa.

I’ve owned all of the above (except for Kinesis), while the bike’s not always turned out to be what I was looking for (one’s gotta try!) they’re BS free, make the best product they can, and look after their customers. Would buy again, probably will!

TimP
    Free Member

Spooky?
    I know they don’t exist anymore but everyone loved them didn’t they?

burnside81
    Free Member

Does anybody hate Canyon for any other reason than they make all other bikes seem too expensive with their epic specs?

IdleJon

burnside81 – Member

Does anybody hate Canyon for any other reason than they make all other bikes seem too expensive with their epic specs?

I genuinely think they are fantastic because at some point people might realise that the big bike manufacturers are taking the mick with their pricing. Some of their bikes are nice as well.

honourablegeorge

jameso – Member

Or, DW for getting US patents on previously-used stuff that doesn’t stand up to ‘patentable’ scrutiny anywhere but in the US..

DOn’t entirely disagree with you – but DW worked with Giant for ages on developing a suspension system, then they severed ties with him, and released Maestro. HMMMM.

DezB
    Free Member

Salsa must be the winner? (I only read page 1 and 4)

Northwind

jameso – Member

Tazzy – Jones? haha. The same Jones-haters pop up on 90% of Jones threads on here. So there’s at least 3 or 4 who don’t like them.

I don’t think anyone hates Jones. But I could happily murder most Jones owners 🙂

poltheball
    Free Member

Hard to hate Ragley I’d have thought?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Surly
    Cotic
    Singular
    Charge
    Salsa
    Jones

Apart from singular those brands are all a bit meh, I’ll add ribble, planet-x, on-one and canyon to that list of dull bikes and their equally dull evangelists/fanboys

ska-49
    Free Member

Black sheep

bombjack
    Free Member

Curtis, DMR, Ragley etc – All seem like decent brands with a pretty loyal following, mainly due to their products simplicity and bombproof nature. On the other side you have Intense / Yeti / Santa Cruz side of the coin – whilst being “cool” and handmade, these give you the utter ball ache of buying spares from distributors who couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.

chestrockwell

Hard to hate Ragley I’d have thought?

Not for my mate who waited over a year for a replacement frame that was also stuffed when it finally turned up.

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘is there a bike brand that no-one hates?’ is closed to new replies.