Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • is there a bike brand that no-one hates?
  • jam-bo

Orange new bike thread got it yesterday.
    Yeti thread seems to go that way.

I can’t think of a bike brand that doesn’t have a crowd of fanboys/haters.

russianbob
    Free Member

Santa Cruz.

Obviously.

jam-bo

overpriced yankee taiwanese tat

Northwind

Trek? Hard to have any strong emotions about Trek. Stupid shocks aside, they seem to have concentrated all of their irritating behaviour into rear axles.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Raleigh 🙂

rusty90
    Free Member

Cotic? Don’t seem to come across many Cotic haters.

swavis

Raleigh? Surely everyone has fond memories of a Bomber/Grifter/Mustang? 😉

Edit – Beaten to it 😀

russianbob
    Free Member

Lalalalalalalalalalala. See, I was right, everyone loves Santa Cruz.

ton

surly
    salsa

jobro
    Free Member

Roberts – everyone loves a DOGS BOLX

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I don’t like Trek. I don’t understand how they’re so massive – everything they churn out seems to be very bland. I’d not even consider one if I needed a new bike.

The usual suspects though – I love my Orange (its a great bike + I live just down the road from them), I’ve never had a bad experience with On-One so rate them, never got on with my old Cotic Soul so would be dubious about getting another…

jam-bo

Cotic? Don’t seem to come across many Cotic haters.

their fanboys are the worst. patient though…

honourablegeorge

Cotic get lots of love. Never heard anyone speak ill of Genesis.

I was going to throw in Nicolai and Morewood, since I have one of each, but I bet someone hates both.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Northwind

DaveyBoyWonder – Member

I don’t like Trek.

Dislike, sure, but will we find any frothing haterz?

stanfree
    Free Member

Giant surely ? , I’ve never heard anyone bad mouth them.

RustySpanner

GT?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Member
    Cotic get lots of love.

Unless they are waiting for a rocket.
    Is that one of those Brompton things Woppit? They might be OK but they seem to attract the most pretentious cocks going

Jamie
    Free Member

Dialled Bikes.

Northwind

stanfree – Member

I think they succesfully reversed that with their epic 650b shark jump tbh.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    honourablegeorge – Member
    Cotic get lots of love.

Unless they are waiting for a rocket.
    Is that one of those Brompton things Woppit? They might be OK but they seem to attract the most pretentious cocks going

Not fond of cocks, then?

bearnecessities

Rockrider.

chambord
    Free Member

Singular?

ska-49
    Free Member

Turner
    Liteville
    Kona
    Cane Creek

Jamie
    Free Member

I think they succesfully reversed that with their epic 650b shark jump tbh.

…and this guy:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYso1nU7lfE[/video]

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

How about Pashley, not really mountain bike but they are a bike brand.

gogg
    Free Member

Apollo, because you know it’s sh*te from the moment you set eyes on it…

rt60
    Free Member

Felt?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Trek? Hard to have any strong emotions about Trek.

I’ll never own any Trek product after they sacrificed Greg Lemond on the alter of Lance’s ego. Lost his career, his livelihood, adversely affected his health and its taken 15 years for the cycling world to welcome him back as the legend he is.

Which is a better reason to dislike a company than them speccing Mavic 319 rims on £4K bikes 🙂

To answer the OP I’d have said Cotic (Rocket debacle notwithstanding) and Ibis, and aspirational but somehow not overpriced boutique stuff like Merlin or Seven.

everyone
    Free Member

Throwing Ritchey into the mix!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Kona

Hard not to like Kona, though they did go through a period of making some pretty dreadful bikes a few years ago. Seem to have gotten back on track now thankfully.

honourablegeorge

mrblobby – Member

Hard not to like Kona, though they did go through a period of making some pretty dreadful bikes a few years ago. Seem to have gotten back on track now thankfully.

Yeah – all sorts of fondness for Kona, bike I started out on. I wanted an army green Stinky so bad back then too. So glad I never actually got one.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Giant – see my comment about re. Trek. Maybe not hate but dislike because of their dullness. I guess thats what happens when a bike brand gets too big. Specialized are a bit different though – I quite like some of their bikes. I guess as a brand though (with the Roubaix saga etc), they’re cocks.

Brompton – now them I do properly hate. Or more to the point, the cretins that ride them. Theres one on the train I get in the morning. Dives down the carriage in his full lycra, barges past people (because he has priority to do what he’s about to do) and then unfolds his little joke bike in the doorway preventing people from getting on or off in a timely manner. For that reason, I hate them and the makers of all other folding bikes.

Northwind

crashtestmonkey – Member

Which is a better reason to dislike a company than them speccing Mavic 319 rims on £4K bikes

I don’t dislike Orange! I just take the piss out of their comedy pricing/speccing. But they make some of my favourite bikes, and their fanboys are the gift that keeps giving, so what’s not to like?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Which is a better reason to dislike a company than them speccing Mavic 319 rims on £4K bikes

32mm forks on 150mm bikes – up there with the accountant specced bikes from Giant & Spec.

ndthornton
    Free Member

I think they make the ugliest bikes out there – curves in all the wrong places. I don’t care if they ride really well or if they are great value…I could never bring myself to throw a leg over something that repulsive – even after 10 pints of Stella.

everyone
    Free Member

Don’t see much mention of brands like Ridley in here.

loddrik
    Free Member

Absolutely love my brompton. It’s all I ride nowadays. And I’m not a commuter, I just love riding it.

transition1
    Free Member

Transition

Pivot

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Transition?

Their bikes always look like the emphasis is on fun, fun, fun and the company appears to be run by a bunch of cartoon characters.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘is there a bike brand that no-one hates?’ is closed to new replies.